Legacy of the Silver Dragon: Chapter 1 (Chickens, Demons, and a Missing Girl)

With the bell purchased and retrieved, Myst turns to Antares. "Lead on, friend. I believe you said the Pottery was next? Let's get this done as I am anxious to question Anna's friend about when she last saw her."

gambler1650

Explorer
There are more people on the main road through the center of town on which the General Store and most of the other stores are built. The sound of feet on the wood beneath is such an everpresent sound that you take no more extra notice of it than the sounds of birds or the breeze.

Some of the townsfolk look at your small group a bit oddly, given the racial composition, but otherwise do nothing. Most of the people who work in the mines and forests are already gone, so those out and about are women, children and adolescents who have managed to avoid the usual work they're put to.

When you come to the pottery shop, there's one woman inside, talking amiably with Erisa. The door is half open. And next to Erisa's shop, Daenila sits outside on a chair waiting for customers. When she sees Bosco coming, she gives the halfling a wink, "Morning, young master. Glad to see that Erisa hasn't scared you away from our shops yet."

OOC: Actions? Plan?

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdim awaits for the elf to take any actions, and simply nods to the woman. He keeps his sturdy arms folded around his chest, with a face that denotes mildly annoyance. Nothing new on the cleric's side of things.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Sorry for the delay, folks!

Muzdim removes the bell with methodical expertise. It is apparent that he could dismantle the whole shop if you gave him enough time. And build it elsewhere. "Yer bell" he says, handing the thing to Antares. "Don't we have a gal to find too?"
"Impressive," admits the starry-robed mage, though he half-suspects a portion of that speed was born out of a petty desire not to let him discourse at length on the mysterious wonders of magical knowledge. He carefully accepts the coppery item, wisely pinching the ringer between thumb and forefinger so it will *not* ring.

With the bell purchased and retrieved, Myst turns to Antares. "Lead on, friend. I believe you said the Pottery was next? Let's get this done as I am anxious to question Anna's friend about when she last saw her."
"A moment, if you please?" That worthy takes the time to unscrew the scrollcase at his waist, polished bone inset with colorful ceramic pieces, and build a nest for the bell with one of the blank parchment he finds there before deliberately re-sealing the lid over protective darkness... "There, it is done. So, what happened to the planned searching of master Jorgen's store?" mildly inquires Antares of his companions as he starts walking left, towards their new destination.

<Response Muzdin, Stellan, Mysthyr?>

Muzdim awaits for the elf to take any actions, and simply nods to the woman. He keeps his sturdy arms folded around his chest, with a face that denotes mildly annoyance. Nothing new on the cleric's side of things.

Antares bows politely to all three women and then simply... *listens*!

OOC: Detect Magic minute 11 on the store's frontage and entrance, please.

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
Antares hears a very faint, pleasant buzzing sound coming from a small wooden charm carved as a leaf from a plant informally called "GoodLuck root" - the roots of which provide a very faint narcotic effect. This charm is on a necklace around Daenila's neck, and has a very faint protective tone to it, though what it protects against would require more attention. The pottery shop itself, at least the frontage and entrance, is dead silent as far as magic goes.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Good dawn to you, fair lady," begins the elven mage, green eyes lingering on the necklace. "We come fresh from master Jorgen's shop, where perhaps you have heard, fights and ill-thoughts have of late gathered more thickly than they rightly should?" He knows he should move on to shop's interior without delay, but curiosity, as always, holds him fairly entranced...

And, on a similar tack, if the bell was purchased from caravan unknown a year past... has the condition been in place since then, somehow unnoticed, or perhaps, more likely, was it rather activated/laid on but lately..?

OOC: Another minute on determining the necklace's properties, please. :)

Didn't Gambler suggest splitting up, with whoever wants to going to see Anna's friend?

Last edited:

Myst watches Antares for any reaction while he looks upon the front of the shop. Seeing nothing telling, he turns and clears his throat. "Friend Antares, I believe I will leave you to your pursuits as I have no talents that can discern any such disturbances, possessions or otherwise. I am going to go and speak to Anna's friend while you check out the rest of these shops."

If there are no objections, he turns to the dwarf. "Muzdim, if you'd care to accompany me, I'd be delighted to have you along."

Last edited:

Remove ads