Legacy of the Silver Dragon: Chapter 1 (Chickens, Demons, and a Missing Girl)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Sure Brother Myst." replies shortly the dwarf, before turning his back to the rest and walking away unceremoniously. He did turn however, and rasped "Antares, Bosco." And that was his goodbye.

gambler1650

Explorer
"Good dawn to you, fair lady," begins the elven mage, green eyes lingering on the necklace. "We come fresh from master Jorgen's shop, where perhaps you have heard, fights and ill-thoughts have of late gathered more thickly than they rightly should?" He knows he should move on to shop's interior without delay, but curiosity, as always, holds him fairly entranced...

And, on a similar tack, if the bell was purchased from caravan unknown a year past... has the condition been in place since then, somehow unnoticed, or perhaps, more likely, was it rather activated/laid on but lately..?

OOC: Another minute on determining the necklace's properties, please. :)
OOC:

Daenila replies with a lazy smile, "Young master elf, I had heard rumors to that effect, though I attributed it to the stress below the surface due to the political maneuverings of late. I do know that Jorgen seemed quite relieved when the day was over a couple of times this week, he feared that some of his customers could come to blows." She smirks slightly, tilting her head towards the pottery shop next door, "Erisa and my shops are relatively quiet these days, the only political talk comes from her."

The necklace's properties are relatively low level, and the spell itself seems to protect against death, or perhaps hides the wearer from those with no life. It's certainly not something that would protect against a high level spell.

Didn't Gambler suggest splitting up, with whoever wants to going to see Anna's friend?

I suggested it as an option due to the nature of play by post games. :) It will however, speed things up a touch. Bosco and Stellan, please let me know which group you are with:

Antares: Exploring shops, looking for similar items such as was in the General Store.

Muzdim and Myst: Following up on the disappearance of Anna.

gambler1650

Explorer
Toric, Voda: Please let me know your specific plan. You know where Anna's friend lives, and also where Anna's foster mother lives.

Myst watches Antares for any reaction while he looks upon the front of the shop. Seeing nothing telling, he turns and clears his throat. "Friend Antares, I believe I will leave you to your pursuits as I have no talents that can discern any such disturbances, possessions or otherwise. I am going to go and speak to Anna's friend while you check out the rest of these shops."

If there are no objections, he turns to the dwarf. "Muzdim, if you'd care to accompany me, I'd be delighted to have you along."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Daenila replies with a lazy smile, "Young master elf, I had heard rumors to that effect, though I attributed it to the stress below the surface due to the political maneuverings of late. I do know that Jorgen seemed quite relieved when the day was over a couple of times this week, he feared that some of his customers could come to blows." She smirks slightly, tilting her head towards the pottery shop next door, "Erisa and my shops are relatively quiet these days, the only political talk comes from her."
"That is, indeed, good news." A slight hesitation... then in a quieter tone: "It seems foul play might be on Askadar's chill winds this morn, oh cautious one, and we of the Behenian Company," a wave to the five beings present, "have taken upon ourselves to see it set to right, if we can... Pray, have you heard of other places, public or private, that have seen unusual unrest as of late? Any at all?"

<Response Daniela?>

Seeing nothing telling, Myst turns and clears his throat. "Friend Antares, I believe I will leave you to your pursuits as I have no talents that can discern any such disturbances, possessions or otherwise. I am going to go and speak to Anna's friend while you check out the rest of these shops.
"Wise as always," mildly agrees the young elf with a slow nod. "We will meet you there, or, if we are cast adrift in the lateness of time, at the Corl farm?"

The dwarf did turn however, and rasped "Antares, Bosco." And that was his goodbye.
"That was a harder slap than necessary, master Stonehand," lightly comments the elf with a parting bow. "Please recall that my sorcerous revenge can make even the fires of the mountain itself weep with everlasting envy." He is, of course, smiling sweetly as he says this.

OOC: And he's referring to this event. :)

gambler1650

Explorer
"That is, indeed, good news." A slight hesitation... then in a quieter tone: "It seems foul play might be on Askadar's chill winds this morn, oh cautious one, and we of the Behenian Company," a wave to the five beings present, "have taken upon ourselves to see it set to right, if we can... Pray, have you heard of other places, public or private, that have seen unusual unrest as of late? Any at all?"

<Response Daniela?>

Daenila seems to remember something and speaks over to Bosco first, "Oh, and two of those girls came back this way, asking about you. Wanted to know your name. Being a horrible gossip, of course, I gave it to them - well, at least that first name of yours as I guessed from your use of the term 'Boscoing."

Then she turns her attention back to Antares, "The Behenian Company, eh?, her tone amused. It stays amused as she adds, "So I'm sure all of the problems of Ascadar are about to be solved by such brave and noble folk as yourself." A touch more seriously she says, "No. No very odd behaviour that I can think of, or anyone being obviously disruptive beyond the usual fight or two that breaks out at the taverns or on the streets. Nothing much different than I've seen most years of my life. But I do expect it to get worse before it gets better. Unless Eliaesel returns... The last said wistfully.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"Sure Brother Myst." replies shortly the dwarf, before turning his back to the rest and walking away unceremoniously. He did turn however, and rasped "Antares, Bosco." And that was his goodbye.
Unwilling to ever hear the word "bell" uttered again, Bosco races after the dwarf and the other one.

"Yes, we can meet at the Corl farm later, or failing that, back at the Half and Human," Myst says to Antares as he takes his leave.

Myst walks along with Muzdim, casting a glance back at Bosco who appears to have joined them as well. "Let's speak to Anna's friend first, see what if anything she knows about Anna's disappearance. Then perhaps we can visit Anna's house and see if she left any clues behind that her foster mother might have missed."

The cleric then leads the way to Erenie's house, hoping she might provide some important information on where Anna might have gone.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Daenila seems to remember something and speaks over to Bosco first, "Oh, and two of those girls came back this way, asking about you. Wanted to know your name. Being a horrible gossip, of course, I gave it to them - well, at least that first name of yours as I guessed from your use of the term 'Boscoing."
Bosco idly wonders what's in passerbys' pockets... until Antares pokes him: "You are being rude, Bo." He offers goodwife Daenila a look of apology, (hopefully) out of direct sight from his halfling friend...

<Response Bosco?>

Then she turns her attention back to Antares, "The Behenian Company, eh?, her tone amused. It stays amused as she adds, "So I'm sure all of the problems of Ascadar are about to be solved by such brave and noble folk as yourself." A touch more seriously she says, "No. No very odd behaviour that I can think of, or anyone being obviously disruptive beyond the usual fight or two that breaks out at the taverns or on the streets. Nothing much different than I've seen most years of my life. But I do expect it to get worse before it gets better. Unless Eliaesel returns... The last said wistfully.
"Hm. Disappointing," agrees the elf, though he his thinking mostly of other things... "May we look inside your shop? As you may have gleamed, I am presently exercising the Sight." Which is no sight at all to his immemorial Tradition, but for simplicity's sake...

Unwilling to ever hear the word "bell" uttered again, Bosco races after the dwarf and the other one.
To the young mage's absent sorrow: Bosco is in a difficult mood today, it seems... "Shall we?" smiles the elf to Stellan.

OOC: Another minute (minute 12) Detecting Magic on the inside of the pottery shop please, Gambler. :)

"Has your family had trouble with the animated dead, lady?" half-distractedly inquires antares as he... works.

<Response Daenila?>

gambler1650

Explorer
Muzdim, Myst, Bosco

The trip to Erenie's house is simple enough given the directions. It's slightly off the main road through the center of town. The houses here are somewhat shabby, perhaps the owners spend too much time away in the mines or forests to keep up the houses. Erenie's house, however, is in reasonable shape and well maintained. The roof looks like one corner could use repairing due to some rot, but compared to others in the area it's in much better shape.

As is the case with some of the houses, the front door is open to let some of the fresh air inside. In those houses, it's obvious someone is still home, a woman sweeping inside, an older man puttering around the front. Erenie's house appears empty, though once you come close, you can hear an off tune humming from somewhere inside.

"Yes, we can meet at the Corl farm later, or failing that, back at the Half and Human," Myst says to Antares as he takes his leave.

Myst walks along with Muzdim, casting a glance back at Bosco who appears to have joined them as well. "Let's speak to Anna's friend first, see what if anything she knows about Anna's disappearance. Then perhaps we can visit Anna's house and see if she left any clues behind that her foster mother might have missed."

The cleric then leads the way to Erenie's house, hoping she might provide some important information on where Anna might have gone.

gambler1650

Explorer
"How rude!" says Daenila, in response to Antares' reference to using 'the Sight', but her tone is amused and she winks. She tilts her head a touch at the elf's query about the 'animated dead', and replies, "Not of late. It's something that's been passed down from mother to daughter in my family, and I find it pretty more than useful. Most of the time I forget that it has any effect at all."

And finally, to the question of whether the elf can look inside her shop, "Please do, young master. Though, I'll suggest that you might not want to be so bold as to describe what you're doing if you go into Erisa's shop. Let me know if you find anything? As far as I know, nothing in my shop should be magical..."

OOC: Assuming that Antares goes into the shop, he doesn't 'hear' anything on a sweep through that indicates a magic item. And by the way, Daenila's shop is wood carvings - some similar in nature to the one that Antares bought for the halfling child. Erisa's shop, next door, is the pottery shop.

Bosco idly wonders what's in passerbys' pockets... until Antares pokes him: "You are being rude, Bo." He offers goodwife Daenila a look of apology, (hopefully) out of direct sight from his halfling friend...

<Response Bosco?>

"Hm. Disappointing," agrees the elf, though he his thinking mostly of other things... "May we look inside your shop? As you may have gleamed, I am presently exercising the Sight." Which is no sight at all to his immemorial Tradition, but for simplicity's sake...

To the young mage's absent sorrow: Bosco is in a difficult mood today, it seems... "Shall we?" smiles the elf to Stellan.

OOC: Another minute (minute 12) Detecting Magic on the inside of the pottery shop please, Gambler. :)

"Has your family had trouble with the animated dead, lady?" half-distractedly inquires antares as he... works.

<Response Daenila?>

Remove ads