Legacy of the Silver Dragon (Swords and Wizardry Core, 4th Ed)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Bosco rifles through his bag, and the bags of others if need be, lights a torch, and flings it at what appears to be a side-tunnel in the wall of the well.
According to this post, Bosco has a lantern but no torches, [MENTION=11760]Whizbang Dustyboots[/MENTION]. That's assuming he put on his full adventuring regalia this morning, of course (Antares, for example, has his belt pouch, but not his backpack at the moment).

I think this illustrates how having the right equipment can be such a big part of dungeon problem-solving. And, seeing has how we're presently entering our first "dungeon", I think it would be very appropriate that we all list what our PC's are carrying in - imagine that - the RG for easy reference. :) What do you think, [MENTION=11033]gambler1650[/MENTION]?

gambler1650

Explorer
According to this post, Bosco has a lantern but no torches, [MENTION=11760]Whizbang Dustyboots[/MENTION]. That's assuming he put on his full adventuring regalia this morning, of course (Antares, for example, has his belt pouch, but not his backpack at the moment).

I think this illustrates how having the right equipment can be such a big part of dungeon problem-solving. And, seeing has how we're presently entering our first "dungeon", I think it would be very appropriate that we all list what our PC's are carrying in - imagine that - the RG for easy reference. :) What do you think, [MENTION=11033]gambler1650[/MENTION]?

I'll point out that Bosco did say that he rifled through the bags of others too.. Not just his own. :) I do agree that we need to nail down the equipment. I'll go back to the old posts and try to make sure I have everyone's stuff accounted for, but please do post on the Rogue's Gallery also if you find your original character stats and equipment first.

I just discovered we've had a RG thread all this time. For some reason, I wasn't aware that it was out there. I have posted Myst in that thread.

As for what he is carrying with him right now as he descends into the well, I am assuming that he is wearing his armor and shield, has his mace, sling and sling bullets and his holy symbol. The rest of his gear is probably left behind wherever he has been staying. The torch he gave to Bosco to throw into the well was given to him by Stellan.

Binder Fred

Fair warning everyone: summer field campaign starts next monday and it's going to be a big one this year! I'm not sure it will impact this game much, but expect slower posting from me nonetheless, pretty much for the duration of the summer.

gambler1650

Explorer
Just a quick check here since we don't use it much...

How's everyone doing? Happy with the style? Any complaints/comments? It seems like everyone is staying pretty well engaged, so that makes me pleased, but I'm also open to suggestions to make things better.

I think you guys are realizing that my style of handling combat is pretty fluid - is it working well for you? Any problems 'visualizing' things?

Also, just pointing out since it's been awhile since characters were created, that everyone has a special item they received... if you've forgotten, just make sure to take a look at the item again so that you recall what it does... :)

Binder Fred

Hey there, Gambler. I for one am enjoying myself immensely.

I *was* a bit confused there as to who was where during the battle, so maybe the use of West tunnel, South tunnel, etc instead of left and right? I also think giving out target numbers could be a nice touch ("Make a save at +3. You need a 15 not to be affected."). That way we can describe (part of) our own results? AND it's very reminescent of yee old tabletop game atmosphere. :)

gambler1650

Explorer
Binder Fred, good point about Saving Throws, I will endeavor to put the targets to succeed, and the general outcomes of failure so that it can be incorporated in your responses.

Remove ads