Legacy of the Silver Dragon (Swords and Wizardry Core, 4th Ed)

gambler1650

Explorer
Voda, yeah, not the best but in old school it matters a touch less. ;)

So I'll assume a standard order for attributes: STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA...

Given two rolls below 10, I'll give you the same two attribute swap i gave Matt. This means you may swap attribute scores twice. Then pick your class/race, roll your HP and gold and pick equipment.

Everyone, I may not get any more updates in for a few days but will try to do so depnding on internet access in Poland. :)

Second set was slightly better.

STR 9
DEX 13
CON 9
INT 7
WIS 10
CHA 12

Do I get to swap two stats? If so I would likely swap Dex and Wis, if I am still doing a cleric (unless Voda Vosa is planning to fill that role).

After a swap like that, the stats would be:
STR 9
DEX 10
CON 9
INT 7
WIS 13
CHA 12

Last edited:

Mysthyr Aran
Race: Human
Class: Cleric of Pelor
Level: 1
XP: 100 (1,500 needed for next level)
Align: NG
HP: 5
AC: 4 (Chain & Shield)

STR 9 (1-2 open doors, +5 carry mod.)
DEX 10 (+0 missile weapon to hit mod., +0 AC)
CON 9 (75% Raise Dead survival)
INT 7 (0 max. addl. lang.)
WIS 13 (+5% xp bonus)
CHA 12 (4 max. # special hirelings)

Saving Throw: 15 (13 vs. paralyze and poison)

Languages: Empire

Class Abilities: Spell Casting, Banishing Undead

Starting GP: 120
Current Funds: 5 SP, 5 CP
Equipment: Chain Mail, Shield, Heavy Mace, Sling, 20 Sling Stones, Backpack, Bedroll, Flint & Steel, Wooden Holy Symbol, Trail Rations (6 days), 5 Torches, Waterskin

Special Holy Symbol -Can cast one first level spell once per day from the following, Cure Light Wounds, Detect Magic and Protection from Evil. Spell does not have to be decided upon ahead of time. Also acts as a light source once a day. It is treated as weak sunlight for purposes of any interactions in which it matters (basically would do half damage in those cases which cause damage, etc). It can either act as a weak torch (half range) for 15 minutes, or as a bullseye lantern (directed beam) for 5 minutes. It only does damage in bullseye lantern mode, and will only affect a single target before the light loses the damage causing ability for the rest of the day.

Last edited:

A few questions for you, gambler:

As a NG cleric of Pelor, I'm assuming that I get the Banishing Undead ability from page 8 of the rulebook. It stats Lawful (or "good") clerics can turn undead. I'm assuming that being NG allows my character to have this ability. If not, I'll switch deities to Heironeous or St. Cuthbert.

Are you using ascending or descending armor class?

Is it okay for my character to have a sling? It states in the cleric description that missile weapons aren't permitted except for oil or slings if the referee permits.

gambler1650

Explorer
Ok, I'm back from my business trip. Had very little time to be online, and the inernet connection felt like a 1200 baud modem...

To answer Torik's questions: Yes, you can swap two scores, and yes, I will allow slings for clerics.

Pelor's clerics can turn undead.

We'll use descending armor class...

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Welcome back, Gambler. :)

As to the immediate future, I think the conversation ball is in Stellan's court? Does Bosco wish to join us now? What about Mysthyr, Toric? Is he coming-in on this thread or will he be exploring one of the other adventure hooks?

I think I'd prefer Mysthyr to jump into a thread/adventure with others right out of the gate. That being said, I need to review the IC thread before I make a post there. I'll do that this weekend as time permits.

Remove ads