Legacy of the Silver Dragon (Swords and Wizardry Core, 4th Ed)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Character sheet:

Muzdin Stonehand

Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric-Fighter
Deity: Moradin?
Level: 1-1
XP: 0 (1,500/2000 needed for next level)
Align: NG
HP: 5
AC: 5 (Ring & Shield)

STR 14 (+1 to hit, 1-2 open doors, +10 carry mod.)
DEX 12 (+0 missile weapon to hit mod., +0 AC)
CON 12 (+1 hp per hit dice 100% Raise Dead survival)
INT 5 (0 max. addl. lang.)
WIS 14 ()
CHA 8 (3 max. # special hirelings)

Saving Throw: 14 (+4 vs magic; +2 vs. paralyze and poison)

Languages: Dwarven

Class Abilities: Spell Casting, Banishing Undead
Race abilities: Darkvision 60 ft, Take notice of stonework.

Starting GP: 120
Current Funds: 12 gp
Equipment: Ring Mail (30), Shield (15), Battle Axe (5), Backpack (5), Bedroll(0.2), Flint & Steel(1), Holy Symbol(25), Trail Rations (6 days)(3), Waterskin (1), Rope Hemp 100ft (2 gp), Lance (6), Light Crossbow (12), Hand Axe x3(3gp) Bolts 20 (2)

Attacks:
Battleaxe: +1; 1d8
Hand Axe: 1d6
Lance: +1; 2d4+1
Crossbow: 1d4+1

Last edited:

Voda - Your PC actually needs 1,500/2,000 experience points for next level in each class (Cleric/Fighter) and has to divide all earned experience points evenly between the two classes. When he reaches 2nd level as a cleric, he has to wait until reaching 2nd level as a fighter to roll new hit points, averaging the result as normal. Perhaps you were already aware of this but on your character sheet you listed 1,500 xp for 2nd level. Multi-classing information is on page 18 of the rulebook for the record. Something else to keep in mind is the level limits for demi-human characters and for dwarves that are cleric/fighters, that appears to be level 6/7. This is of course assuming that gambler is using level limits as stated in the rules so take what I'm saying here with a grain of salt until confirmed by the DM. And at a pbp game advancement rate, level limits might never come into the picture anyway. Also, typically cleric/fighter dwarves also are only allowable with DM permission as per the information in the dwarves description on page 16. Again, I'm just passing along the by the book information and not assuming that I know what gambler is allowing or disallowing.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Wasn't aware of the XP thing, although already knew about the multiclasss restrictions. I believed I asked Gambler about that and he told me it was fine. I don't think we'll ever reach 6th level too, to be frank. I'll have to take my hat at Gambler if we do though.

gambler1650

Explorer
So just to let everyone know, my work schedule is still flat out and combined with not having a good laptop at home (my old one is grinding more and more, so I've bit the bullet and ordered a new one which should be here in a couple of weeks), this means that doing much more than the current slow pace will be tough for at least another week.

Once I can start taking time during a lunch break or two at work to catch up with things, and have more than a tablet (which while quite useful is a bit limited - especially when trying to use these forums), things should move much more quickly.

So, what I propose for now is.. we continue the low key roleplay in the town, and if others want to 'hear' a rumor or two that haven't yet been mined by the group, we can do that too.

Voda, I'll allow a Fighter-Cleric (if I hadn't said so already, not sure if I had).

I will take a closer look at all characters very soon to make sure everything's up to snuff. One thing Voda, multi-classed characters don't receive bonuses to their XP based on Attribute scores (page 18, Experience Points) - and your Wisdom wasn't 13 or above anyhow. :)

gambler1650

Explorer
And of course, after the mini business trip the minor cough I had earlier this week has blown up into a full fledged head cold. The d news is that I got a ton done at work today to start to free up break time to play, the bad news is my head is so muddled I may not get to take stock of things til Sunday. Hang in there guys, things WILL begin moving soon.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
No rush on my side. Antares is waiting for a response to his invitation to Bosco, and/or for Stellan to join him/them.

Still, get well soon Gambler, for your own sake. :)

gambler1650

Explorer
Ok...

I'm feeling better...

Couple of things while I play catch up on a bunch of stuff, including this.

We can assume that the two new characters know each other (probably friendly rivalry and/or spirited religious discussions given they're both clerics, and I presume different gods... - Voda? Not sure if you picked a deity), and the other characters in the game, so... feel free to jump in!

I suggest having the new characters meet at the Half and Human with the ones currently there - perhaps it's the planned meeting place to go over possibilities for adventure.

Also, feel free to use this thread for 'table talk', ie, the OOC (Out of Character) discussion regarding IC (In Character) events... For instance, we can probably assume that Antares has filled in Stellan regarding what happened at the Market... generally I encourage the group working through things together, rather than assuming no one else knows things ICly, unless I say specifically that something isn't known by everyone.

I'll dive back in with a post tomorrow, but please feel free to have one of the patrons coming to the tavern using a 'hook' as described at the start of the thread that hasn't been explored yet, if so desired.

Remove ads