• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of the Silver Dragon (Swords and Wizardry Core, 4th Ed)

gambler1650

Explorer
Antares: I appreciate your thoughts. I'll point out again, that I was pretty up front about the kind of campaign this is likely to be. I'm willing to give a -3 as the cut off for death with the normal rule applying after Level 3,, but combined with the Hero Point concept and a probable additional benefit that I'll be giving characters before things get into the main story, there are some definite advantages already being accrued to help survivability.

And NPCs will be played intelligently (or stupidly if they happen to be stupid NPCs). Unintelligent creatures/monsters however might be less enthused about ransom and more about filling their belly. ;) Again, it's not my goal to kill characters, but I will try to at least provide options for avoiding dangers... However, if as is the case in one campaign I once heard about, a thief sees a minotaur and some nasty gnolls entering a nearby temple the party is casing, and then comes back and the party stands out in the open conversing in normal tones of voice for awhile about what to do and don't say they're being particularly watchful - I won't feel particularly bad if the gnolls and minotaur show up and cause some casualties.

It's my job to make the world interesting and to give you options. In this campaign, it's not my job to make any deaths noble or mean something... the characters will have the most control over that with smart play and hero points. :)

I may check in again tonight and see if there's something to respond to in the Playing the Game thread. I am having a blast there already and can't wait til we really get moving.

gambler1650

Explorer
Yes, it was less common when the Silver Dragon was around, but people have begun to arm themselves more. There's a small, pretty well trained guard under the command of the council who will look unkindly on any usage of said weapons without sufficient provocation, but just wearing armor and weapons won't look too out of place.

gambler1650

Explorer
Ok, so I'm back from Seattle... And I have about 5-6 days I can focus on this before I go to Poland for a week. But after that I shouldn't have much in the way of distraction. So let's see how far we can take the mystery of the general store and the bag of potatoes this week.

I'm going to re-nudge Fenris, and if he can't commit to jumping in in two weeks, then I'll see if we can't get another character signed up and Fenris can come in whenever he can do so.

gambler1650

Explorer
So it looks like Fenris won't be able to participate in the campaign. I'll put out a call for another player. In the meantime, please continue the RP on the Playing the Game thread. You can probably assume 'consent' from players who don't say anything, in order to move things along if you like. Matt did say he'd try to check in sometime this week.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
How was that (refering to my IC post)? And how long without a post should be assumed to constitute 'consent'? 5 days? 4? 3?

EDIT = Pentius expressed an interrest back during the first recruting drive, right? Might be worth contacting him again, if you want.

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
I checked with Pentius first and he has since gotten into another game... So I'll post to the interest check thread.

And I think your post is fine. If Matt wants to change what his character does in the details that'll be fine. I'll post a response to it by tomorrow if there's no further activity by our group. I'm going to say that generally 4 days is when I'll prod the action forward if there's no response from members of the group. I do intend for this to be relatively slow paced and relaxed, but I also think we should try to keep things moving...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads