Legend of Drizzt: A Dungeons & Dragons Board Game

cyderak

Banned
Banned
So when my Wulfgar token lands on your Drizzt Token, do i say SORRY!! and send your drizzt back to the start circle?

Or is there a bubble in the middle of the board with a D6 inside that we all pop to move our tokens around the board?

hehehe. You just passed waterdeep, collect 1000 GP's. :lol:

Lame idea all around. As for saying its a good marketing move to go the board game route, thats like saying country music sucks and having someone come along and say, "Well they make millions of dollars singing country!"
Just because they make millions that doesn't change the fact that country still sucks!. :lol:

JoeGKushner

First Post
So when my Wulfgar token lands on your Drizzt Token, do i say SORRY!! and send your drizzt back to the start circle?

Or is there a bubble in the middle of the board with a D6 inside that we all pop to move our tokens around the board?

Lame idea all around. As for saying its a good marketing move to go the board game route, thats like saying country music sucks and having someone come along and say, "Well they make millions of dollars singing country!"
Just because they make millions that doesn't change the fact that country still sucks!. :lol:

As opposed to all the crossover music that happens all the time?

Johnny_Cash_Finger_Black_Shirt.jpg

Great shirt, far better poster.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned

Amen, Brother Cyderak!

I am literally laughing at how ignorant both of you are.

Ravenloft board game owns, and neither of you have clearly ever looked at it, much less talked to someone who played it, much less played it yourselves.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Well I think some people are worried that maybe the D&D RPG isn't such a huge success, so maybe they won't make more.

That will happen regardless of how the boardgames are doing. When something does not sell, you stop making it.

Gosh, i just made a serious answer in this thread. What happen?

We get signal. Someone set us up the bomb. Launch all Zig.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If you wanted to fly the Country music freak flag, then johnny Cash is your man. Lock up the tractor keys cause here comes Johnny!!! :lol:

Heck with that. The man did a cover of Nine Inch Nails song ("Hurt") so well that Trent Reznor said, "I pop the video in, and wow… Tears welling, silence, goose-bumps… Wow. [I felt like] I just lost my girlfriend, because that song isn't mine anymore… "

Johnny Cash is cool enough to transcend genre boundaries.

Last edited:

Orius

Legend
I'm with gateway drug and all that. It can help get new players into the game. And maybe board games are a way they can break into the mass market with out having to "dumb down" the rules. Good too if the board games have things like tiles and mini that can be used in a broader game.

Should they try to bring back the old Dungeon! game? That game rocked, but I'm not sure how it would fit into their current market strategy.

Remove ads