Legend of Drizzt: A Dungeons & Dragons Board Game

kaomera

Explorer
Oh, it's a good product. I just hope it won't replace AD&D or Skills & Powers. It can be perfect as a gateway product, of course.
I don't think everything needs to be a "gateway product". It's something I can enjoy for it's own sake, and if it sells to people who aren't actually interested in RPGs I think that's icing on the cake. But that does assume that it's done well, I think that a shoddy product could well hurt the brand overall.
Overall, these board games are good idea, But this one, I have reservations about. It will either come down to Dice fights to see who plays Drizzle or there will need to be 4 Drizzle clones in the box for those who don't want to play a sidekick character.
Yeah, I have to say that I'm worried that even for the fans the choice to make this a "play as the famous guy" game could be a negative.

Let's hope that's their plan, and not to phase put the tabletop rpg for board games!

Ya know, I said the same thing when Gygax decided to publish the DUNGEON! boardgame in '75. I was really, really scared that they were planning to not only phase out the tabletop RPG for a boardgame, but phase out dragons from the game entirely.

Jools

First Post
Man you guys are depressing. The D&D board was a huge success (sold out, became difficult to get of hold of for a while). Consequently, they made more. Whats wrong with that?

kaomera

Explorer
Man you guys are depressing. The D&D board was a huge success (sold out, became difficult to get of hold of for a while). Consequently, they made more. Whats wrong with that?
Well I think some people are worried that maybe the D&D RPG isn't such a huge success, so maybe they won't make more.

Remove ads