• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legend of Drizzt: A Dungeons & Dragons Board Game

kaomera

Explorer
Oh, it's a good product. I just hope it won't replace AD&D or Skills & Powers. It can be perfect as a gateway product, of course.
I don't think everything needs to be a "gateway product". It's something I can enjoy for it's own sake, and if it sells to people who aren't actually interested in RPGs I think that's icing on the cake. But that does assume that it's done well, I think that a shoddy product could well hurt the brand overall.
Overall, these board games are good idea, But this one, I have reservations about. It will either come down to Dice fights to see who plays Drizzle or there will need to be 4 Drizzle clones in the box for those who don't want to play a sidekick character.
Yeah, I have to say that I'm worried that even for the fans the choice to make this a "play as the famous guy" game could be a negative.

Let's hope that's their plan, and not to phase put the tabletop rpg for board games!

Ya know, I said the same thing when Gygax decided to publish the DUNGEON! boardgame in '75. I was really, really scared that they were planning to not only phase out the tabletop RPG for a boardgame, but phase out dragons from the game entirely.

Jools

First Post
Man you guys are depressing. The D&D board was a huge success (sold out, became difficult to get of hold of for a while). Consequently, they made more. Whats wrong with that?

kaomera

Explorer
Man you guys are depressing. The D&D board was a huge success (sold out, became difficult to get of hold of for a while). Consequently, they made more. Whats wrong with that?
Well I think some people are worried that maybe the D&D RPG isn't such a huge success, so maybe they won't make more.

Remove ads