Leif's 1E AD&D Game OOC

DM_Wannabe

First Post
Theron Greywand

"As Girion has alluded to, I have shared with him my chosen profession, which is the practice of illusionism. With regards to my proposal, I believe the three of us each have a different and specific set of skills that when combined into one adventuring party, creates the best chance of being a successful at whatever task we choose to undertake. So, I propose we form a team of brothers-at-arms with the goal of aiding those who are in need of the unique service we could provide.

Ideally, I would like to see the addition of one or two others to the band,
I hope your premonition of your associate's interest in joining our efforts come to fruition, Ellydd.

Does your order have you on some official business in these parts?"

It's been two weeks since Gorash left Radigast city in the northern part of the county of Urnest. He decided to travel to the south to find fortune and glory as now he was un employed after he failed to protect the caravans of his previous master from the bandits that came from the kingdom to the north. Tommorow he will leave this tavern and his plans are to continue south or south-east. Maybe he will be able to find a job in Rel Mord in Nyrond.

"You are running out of toilet paper you old goon!"
Gorash shouts to the barkeep as he goes out from the back room into the main hall of the tavern. All can see the muscular strong young dwarf that is decorated with a long unkempt beard.
"Hey, wench!"
Gorash calls as he goes to his previous sit.
"Another of your dark strong beer and pork sausages".

Gorash wears plain cloth, a cloth that clearly one is wearing beneath an armor. He grips an empty mug of beer like one who knows how to swing a weapon and curves invisible swing patterns in the air like one who shattered head of bandits and goblinoids in his past.

He toss a coin to the wench when she arrives with the food and grins to her. "I love to see that shaky butt but I must leave tomorrow, life and adventures are calling."

He is clearly light headed right now, who knows how much beers he drank already. he stuff a suasage into his mouth and sings to himself.

"Go go go, dwarf o' might
march all day and the night
crash foul goblins on sight
bring upon them cursed blight"

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ellydd (as most of the tavern) finds it difficult to ignore the brash dwarf's loud entrance. He turns to view the source of the boorish noise, looks the dwarf up and down. With a slightly risen left eyebrow, Ellydd returns his attention to the two men at the table with him.

"I've not known many dwarves in my travels. But I have heard tales of their propensity for prodigious drink. Do you know if that, um, 'gentleman', is a typical specimen of the race?" Ellydd asks the strangers.

DM_Wannabe

First Post
Theron Greywand

"I've not known many dwarves in my travels. But I have heard tales of their propensity for prodigious drink. Do you know if that, um, 'gentleman', is a typical specimen of the race?" Ellydd asks the strangers.

"There's only one way to find out." Theron says as he gets up from his chair and walks over to the sausage-eating, beer-drinking dwarf. As he approaches the dwarf's table, Theron grabs an empty chair, flips it around backwards so the back of the chair is facing the dwarf, straddles the seat, and then offers his best dwaven greeting. Puffing out his chest and raising his chin Theron proudly states, "I am Theron of the clan Greywand, son of Olmyr the grand merchant of the duchy, son of Afton of his majesty's navy, son of Zenon the teacher of wizards. It would be my honor to make your acquaintance." Theron nods at the dwarf, proudly recalling his studies about the dwarven culture. "My friends and I are assembling a band of brave souls who are skilled with weapons and magics with the intent of making a living leveraging our skills to meet the needs of those who lack these skills. By the length of your beard, it is apparent you are a dwarf of many years and experience. The armor you wear tells me you're a man-at-arms. You look like you would be a good fit for group. Would you have an interest in lending your skills to our efforts?"

Gorash gaping mouth barely holds the sausage as the new comer sits before him.
Moradin strikes me in the face and tear my beard away, darn, you got some nerves human and I like it.
Gorash cleans his dripping-from-beer beard and mouth with his sleeve. He offers half eating sausage to the man and smiles
I'm Gorash Greybeard, Son of Rangor Greybeard, descendant
from a family that were soldiers in the Hammers of Moradin, hailing from the far Lortmil mountains.

He lowers the fork with the sausage without remembering he offered you a bite but a second ago and extends his sticky hand and shakes you strongly
Moradin himself has spoken in your dreams to find me or what ? You bet y'a I'm in for adventure ...
He lowers his voice, thought, people in the nearest tables can still hear him
As you know, job is something hard to find these days and the lad over here is in need of coins.
He raise his voice again and takes a long swig
What troubles your mind that you are in need of a sturdy dwarf that know to handle a battle ?

DM_Wannabe

First Post
Theron Greywand

What troubles your mind that you are in need of a sturdy dwarf that know to handle a battle ?

"Well, there are no current troubles. But I hope we can soon remedy that inadequacy. My first priority has been assembling a worthy group of individuals. The next obstacle we must overcome is finding a worthy task for our worthy group."
Theron offers Gorash a wily smile. "Why don't you join us at our table as soon as you finish your meal? You can meet the others."

Gorash gather his beer and sausage plate and moves to the table where the others are sitted. He takes a seat and smiles to the others.
Gorash Greybeard, originally from the Lortmils, now from Radigast city in the north. pleased to meet ya.
The fellow over here said you are in a need for a warrior in the band and you plan to adventure the wild in search of lost treasures.
Come to think about it, maybe the old goon over there ...

He nods to the barkeep
...may know where to start. But I have heard about un explored caves and cairns in the hills to the west.

DM_Wannabe

First Post
Theron Greywand

Theron follows Gorash back to the table. "Tell us more about these unexplored caves in the hills to the west. What else do you know about them?"

Leif

Adventurer
DM Assistance

[sblock=Strahd_Von_Zarovich ONLY]Gorash has heard that some of the cave warrens were used as safe retreats for the people during the Suloise-Baklunish War in ages past but have stood abandoned since then, others were converted from safe havens to burial grounds, and still others were occupied by savage humanoids moving into the area from other places for various reasons.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads