Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [IC 01]

Scotley

Hero
Rydan's mouth waters at the smells of roasting meat. "Did we miss lunch? Let's find a trencher and a spot at a table. Perhaps we can get some news about the Ogres in the area as well." Rydan seeks out someone in authority to secure lodging and food.

Leif

Adventurer
The Quiet Harpy

A smallish server with a clean rag and a slate greets you, wipes down a table unnecessarily thoroughly, hoists his chalk to write on his slate and says, "And what may i bring the Weary Travellers?" The man's beard is not overly long, but from his height and his stocky build, you really can't determine wether he is a dwarf or just a stubby human.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
The Quiet Harpy

The sever dude scrawls on his slate and then says, "Anypne else have an order?"

[sblock=dfn]You can insert yourself in the scene as you see fit.[/sblock]

dfn

First Post
Sitting at a nearby table, Fervol waves the server over.
"Their ales are on me" as he motions with his head towards the table that is occupied by the newcomers.

Leif

Adventurer
The Quiet Harpy

The Dwarf/Man or Man/Dwarf says, "Friend of yours, I take it? as he notes on his slate how to charge this round of drinks. "If he wasn't before then perhaps he is now, eh?" And, to answer Rydan's earler question, he says, "To see about lodging, you go to the Innkeeper's Office just there," and he points to an area at the end of the bar where a curtained doorway leads out of the tavern area, and a sign says, "Inn."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Sitting at a nearby table, Fervol waves the server over.
"Their ales are on me" as he motions with his head towards the table that is occupied by the newcomers.

The young human male in the group responds. "If you are buying you may as well join us and tell us how we have earned your favor." Rydan is a tall somewhat bookish lad with dark hair in need a trim that tends to fall over his eyes, which have a somewhat blue tinge to the whites and tend to dart about nervously. He jumps a noises and sudden movements and tends to rock slightly when standing as if about to break into a run at any moment. There is a slight tic in his left cheek that tugs that side of his mouth up into a half smile every couple of minutes. On his hands and arms can be seen old pale scars perhaps from chemical burns of some sort. He wears robes in muted dark colors and carries a quarterstaff in a style which one might expect of an old wizard rather than a youth. He absently fingers the haft of a wand protruding from a pocket.

dfn

First Post
Fervol gets up slowly from his table, and walks over to the table the adventurers are occupying.
As he slowly looks around the room: "Lets just say that you don't look like the rest of the folk here"

He sits down. "I mean no offense, but from your looks, you aren't here simply for rest. Am I right?"

Scotley

Hero
Rydan looks a bit nervous, but since this guy obviously is not an Ogre he nods, "We are here on business as it happens. What brings you to the most fortified tavern in the kingdom?"

Remove ads