Leif's 4E Adventuring in Encastulum [IC 01]

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Firil stops walking around groggily, shakes his head roughly, and snaps back to reality.

That blow must have taken more out of me than I'd thought.

He says to Rydan. He then turns to the new person standing with them.

My apologies for my rudeness. It was an... interesting journey. My name is Firil, of the Iron Wolf clan.

And finally he catches up with the conversation, turning to the barkeep.

We were sent by a friend to see you about activity in the area. He suggested you would be the most informed.

Leif

Adventurer
The Boisterous Bluejay, John Applejohn, Prop.

John Applejohn's eyes narrow as he regards Firil, and he says, "Just so, Firil of the Iron Wolf Clan, and to what sort of activity may you be referring, praytell? There's plenty of activity in these parts of all sorts, some good, some not so good. Some peaceable, and some as what will get a feller killed at the drop of, well, whatever you feel inclined to drop."

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
Firil smiles lowly and places one of his axes alongside a gold piece onto the bar top.

I guess I don't drop these often but they grow restless. Some less peaceable activity that may have something to do with those of ogre persuasion that we may be able to help out with, is what we're looking for. Quietly. Just between you, us and our friend in a tower.

Leif

Adventurer

John Applejohn wipes down the bar with his bar-towel and the coin soon vanishes. "Yes I did hear something about some ogres getting rowdy with some of the outlying homesteads. The way I heered it, they had set up camp right on a well, which is the only good water source for near a mile around, and they was harrassing the folk who came to draw water, saying, 'This here water be our-un now. We'll let you draw today and tomorrow, and then you'll have to pay every time you draw after.' That was yesterday, and I've not heard more. This was up in the hill country to our southwest."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: What time of day is it?

"How far a journey to this well do you think it would be for three fellows such as ourselves should we have a taste for the water there?"

Leif

Adventurer

"Shouldn't be much more than half a day, I would guess, but it might take somewhat longer if you're loaded down with gear. Now, that's taking the easy mountain paths. If you're in a big hurry, or just plain crazy, you can take some short cuts, do a bit of climbing, and make it in a few less hours. Probably wouldn't be smart to try that even with very many mules, and surely not with horses."

Last edited:

RavenBlackthorne

First Post
I, for one, could do with a good night's rest and a good meal. May I suggest we stay at this place before setting out in the morning with good light for scouting?

Leif

Adventurer

"You sure you want to stay here, and not in the Pish Posh Inn of Enormity? I don't even leave mints on yer pillows, and you might have to empty your own chamber pots if'n they mysteriously fill up in the night. Or, maybe you like sleeping with a bowl full of sh*t under your bed, I don't know."

Last edited:

Remove ads