• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E Leif's AD&D 1E Recruiting Thread

Leif

Adventurer
Illusionists don't need read magic so they start with 3 spells determined randomly from the illusionist list of first level spells.

DM_Wannabe

First Post
Illusionists don't need read magic so they start with 3 spells determined randomly from the illusionist list of first level spells.

So, I'll just roll a d12 (since there are twelve 1st level and twelve 2nd level Illusionist spells). You gave me the three spells I started out with when I made my first level character (Darkness, Detect Invisibility, Detect Illusion). Now that I'm modifying the character to 4th level, I'll just roll for the spells I get at 2nd, 3rd, and 4th level.

random 1st level illusionist spell for reaching 2nd level (1d12=3)

The 3rd spell on the list in the PHB is Color Spray.

random 2nd level illusionist spell for reaching 3rd level (1d12=8)

The eighth 2nd level spell on the list in the PHB Invisibility.

random 1st level illusionist spell for reaching 4th level (1d12=2)

The second 1st level spell on the list in the PHB is Change Self.

random 2nd level illusionist spell for reaching 4th level (1d12=12)

The twelfth 2nd level spell on the list in the PHB is Ventriloquism

Does that work for you?

Leif

Adventurer
Almost. You only get one spell for free each time you advance a level, of any level of spell that you can cast at your new level. So, you only get one for reaching 4th Level, either Ventriloquism or Change Self. Those are pretty similar spells. Normally you won't get to roll twice and choose -- the first one you roll will be it regardless of level, but I won't hold you to that this time. The second level spell will be potentially more valuable to you as a trade commodity, remember.

DM_Wannabe

First Post
Name : Theron Greywand
Race : Human
Class : Illusionist
Align : Chaotic Good

Level : 4
XP : 13,700

AC : 8
HP : 13 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3912906/

Sex : Male
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 190 lb
Hair : Brown
Eyes : Blue

STR : 9 Open Doors: 1-2, Bend Bars: 1%
INT : 15 Additional Languages: 4, Chance to Know Spells: 65%, Min/Max # of Spells per level: 7/11
WIS : 13 Magical Attack Adjustment: none
DEX : 16 Reaction/Attacking Adjustment: +1, Defensive Adjustment: -2
CON : 12 System Shock Survival: 80%, Resurrection Survival: 85%
CHA : 7 Max No. of Henchmen: 3, Loyalty Base: -10%, Reaction Adjustment: -5%

Saving Throws
14 Paralyzation, Poison, or Death Magic
13 Petrification or Polymorph
11 Rod, Staff, or Wand
15 Breath Weapon
12 Spell

Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Gnome, Halfling

Spell book: 1st level - Darkness, Detect Invisibility, Detect Illusion, Color Spray
2nd level - Invisibility, Ventriloquism
Spells memorized: Darkness, Detect Invisibility, Color Spray, Invisibility, Ventriloquism
Note: Time to rest to recover all spells is 4 hours/Time to memorize spells for the day is 1 hour 45 minutes

Weapon: Quarter staff

# Initial weapons: 1
Non-proficiency penalty: -5
Added proficiency/level: 1/6

Starting gold: 60 g.p.

Equipment:
Spell book
Spell components
Staff, quarter
Belt 3 sp
Boots, high, hard 2 gp
Cloak 5 sp
Backpack, leather 2 gp
Oil, flask of (2) 2 gp
Pouch, belt, large 1 gp
Pouch, belt, small 15 sp
Rope, 50' 4 sp
Sack, large 16 sp
Skin for water or wine 15 sp
Tinder Box, with flint & steel 1 gp
Torch (6) 6 cp
Rations, iron, 2 week 10 gp

Money on hand: 8 pp, 1 gp, 1 sp, 4 cp

Description and Background removed for brevity. (They're still the same as the fist time I posted the 1st level character sheet.)

Leif

Adventurer
You can go ahead and choose thew additional lnguages that you know, too. You'll need to decide what part of the world of Greyhawk is your cxharacter's home to figure outr what language(s) he knows.

DM_Wannabe

First Post
You can go ahead and choose thew additional lnguages that you know, too. You'll need to decide what part of the world of Greyhawk is your cxharacter's home to figure outr what language(s) he knows.
I added the languages based on my intelligence bonus on my character sheet, so I'm confused. Should I change my additional languages based on country of origin? If I decided I was from Chendl in the Kingdom of Furyondy, what additional languages would I speak?

Helfdan

First Post
Hello, all! Think you guys can use another blade? I haven't played a 1st edition ranger in eons, and would like to do some major damage to some giant-class bastiches!! :)

Remove ads