• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's DISCONTINUED GURPS Traveller Game -- IC01

Leif

Adventurer
Edenelt/Trin's Veil : the Zeering Conglomerate Corporate Fixers head for Simulgrab

The tram ride takes about half an hour, including three more stops. Then Billy indicates that you have arrived as the tram nears its next stop, and he prepares to disembark.

OOC, Gruffle/Centisteed: catching this dude in a lie is not going to be very helpful, since he is definitely a small fry. Anyway, Gruffle is pretty well convinced that he's being as forthright as he can be.

Centisteed

First Post
Gruffle

"Let's head in & announce ourselves." says
Gruffle. Gruffle looks around at the area,
trying to determine the distance from HQ
back to the tram & to look for anything
unusual such as additional security guards
or just anything that looks suspicious.

OOC: What does the Simulgrab building
look like?

Shayuri

First Post
"Sounds good to me," Zoe replies easily. A gust of wind blows, throwing her hair all over her face and forcing her to brush it up and out of her eyes with a hand.

She catches Spider's arm and speaks to him quietly so as to avoid being overheard.

"You should help interview the employees. Try to do some 'scans'...see who's being honest. I've never been good with mind to mind stuff..."

On seeing Kaira starting to walk past she lets go of Spider and nods at him, then says to Kaira, "So you should probably do the talking, I figure."

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: I would have sworn that I had a map of the building somewhere, at least a partial one, but I sure can't find it now. Eeeek! The complex consists of three buildings with connecting covered and enclosed walkways, but that's all I remember now. More on this soon.

Scotley

Hero
"Um sure I'll see what I can do. Let Kaira ask the questions and I'll try to see who's honest. Really though, I'm better with machines than people."

Leif

Adventurer
The largest Building in the Simulgrab complex is the production floor/Warehouse. The middle one seems to be a cafeteria/gymnasium/employee lounge area. The corporate offices are in the smallest building, which the Travellers enter. A bored looking Vilani female lounges at an Information Desk, filing her nails and violently chewing gum.

Scotley

Hero
Spider speaks softly to the others. "So which of us is most likely to put a scare into the professional self-manicurist and chief gum chewer of Simulgrab by forcefully announcing our presence? If we want to make an entrance and throw them off balance we need to let this star employee here spread the word that there's a new sheriff in town."

Insight

Adventurer
Kaira, dressed in full (and expensive) business attire, hair pulled into a conservative style atop her head, silver earrings jangling, strides purposefully into the reception. She stares down the gum-chewing receptionist and smirks.

"We are here from Zeering. I assume you are expecting us." Kaira takes a quick, cursory glance around the room to look for anything of immediate interest.

OOC: Kaira is doing her best to impress/intimidate the receptionist.

I made Acting, Fast Talk, and Intimidate checks. Pick which one this would be.

Perception check for the "quick, cursory glance around the room".

"My colleagues and I will need a tour of this facility and a workspace. Call your boss. We'll need to talk to him. Immediately."

Last edited:

Remove ads