Leif's DISCONTINUED GURPS Traveller Game -- IC01

Lou

Explorer
OOC: My bad, wrong name! Jovan Selm instead of Temakak Briden.

IC: "Don't you already know? Mr. Selm is Zeering Conglomerate's Director of Oversight for Simulgrab Power Processors! I thought you'd already know each other, since you all work directly for Zeering." :D

OOC: To be fair, Lou, you have been given this information before, when you first got the mission, and I reminded you after that also. ;)

OOC: Sorry, I thought we had been passed off to a flunky...

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- in the office suite of Jovan Selm

About this time, the inner office door opens, and an extremely red head of long hair is poked into the room. (Presumably the rest of him is still in the other office?) "Um, excuse me, couldn't help overhearing....ears burning you know....did I hear someone say Zeering Conglomerate? Would you be the ah 'repair crew' I was informed was headed my way? Oh! I'm Jovan Selm, by the way." He motions you into his office as his red head steadily glides from your field of vision. When you enter his office, you can see that Jovan Selm is rolling around the room in his very plush executive chair.

Last edited:

Centisteed

First Post
Gruffle

Gruffle enters the room & takes a look around
(OOC: what does this office look like?).

"Hello Jovan. We're here to do an audit. Kindly
point us to the books & give us a tour of the campus.
Please note that if we find anything out of the
ordinary, you'll likely be the first one to get fired.
"
says Gruffle with a slight grin on his face.

Scotley

Hero
Spider walks about with a slight frown on his face hoping that his height and silence will serve to make the local executives nervous.

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Jovan Selm

Selm gives you a brief tour of the facility. OOC: We're going to just handwave it, though -- the largest area is the production floor, materials/parts storage facility, which is all located inside the largest of the three domes. The middle-sized dome is a cafeteria, gym, lounge area, and the smallest dome houses the corporate offices. You look all around each of these as much as you wish, and don't see anything out of the ordinary. The "tour" ends with the accounting department (located in the smallest dome, of course) where you are presented with the books you requested for auditing.

OOC: What are you looking for in the books, exactly, and how will you go about finding it? Please also tell me which skill(s) you each with to employ. I'm figuring that Pilot and Navigator skills will translate to accounting at -2 skill level, and Gunner skill at -3.

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Jimmy Beam

Jimmy will sit down at the books, looking over them for signs of funds disappearing. Then he will look for signs of funds being sent to one or more outside entities for consulting-type services.

OOC: Accounting (IQ/H) 12

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Jimmy checking the books

Unfortunately, Jimmy has some trouble with his calculator just now. Maybe it needs a new battery?

[OOC: A roll higher than your skill rating is a failure. A roll equal to your skill rating is a marginal success, and the further below your skill rating you roll, the more auspicious your success. This time (only?) everyone can roll a second check if desired.]

Centisteed

First Post
Gruffle

"You're looking at it all wrong Jimmy. Why
don't you try again? I don't have the accounting
skills, but if we can't figure it out here, I say
we get a copy of the data & take it over to an
accounting firm to look at.
" says Gruffle.

To the group & out of earshot of any clerical
staff he says, "We need to find out if these
books are cooked. Look for odd entries that
don't add up, like high dollar figures to locations
or third party staff, which we can then check
to see if they exist or are shell corporations. I'll
take a quick glance myself.
"

OOC: Edit: Looks like I failed it. :) Needed a
9 or better according to GURPS Basic.

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Jimmy

"O'kay Gruffle, I'll look for unusual entries, either high dollar amounts out or multiple low dollar amounts to the same entities." After a while, Jimmy laments, "I can't make heads or tails out of this accounting system!"

OOC: Accounting (IQ/H) 12

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Checking the books

Jimmy and Gruffle are having some difficulties determining the accounting system in use at Simulgrab, but Gruffle's inspection did reveal that there was some funny business going on somewhere. He can't quite put his finger on it, but the books almost seem to be too clean. The 'higher ups' at Simulgrab are acting very nervous around you since you started the inspection of the books, too. These books are also being kept with an unusual system of accounting. Suffice to say that it corresponds to no known "usual best accounting practices" known anywhere that any of you are familiar with. After some fumbling around and getting used to their system, however, Jimmy and Gruffle think that now they are beginning to get the hang of things. You were being "assisted" by Jovan Selm, Zeering's in-house rep whose title is Director of Oversight, in fact, he was pretty much right in your laps the whole time. Now that you think about it, however, none of the Travellers can remember seeing him for some time. At first it was just a relief to not have him crawling up your backsides, but now it's beginning to seem a bit odd that his supposed 'lunch hour' is dragging on for so long.

[Please make two more checks apiece at 14- (includes familiarity bonus)]

Last edited:

Remove ads