Leif's DISCONTINUED GURPS Traveller Game -- IC01

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Checking the books, etc.

Spider and Kaira speak with Briffy, "I can show you the original expense reports turned in by Mr. Selm." She produces these, and the team quickly spots several CR 250 "lunches" for which he sought and was granted reimbursement by the company.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

Gruffle and Jimmy have spoted some very questionable expenses listed in the ledger. There are a number of reports listed for things like CR3,500 coffee, which do not have accompanying receipts. Looks like all of these were filed by Jovan Selm. Thje total of these payments over time comes to around 1.46 MCR. There are also a few much smaller disbusements which lack the requisite documentation for 'reimbusements' made to a certain Alouicious MacIntosh. Checking the personnel records reveals that MacIntosh is on the custodial staff, and has been an employee of Simulgrab for a number of years. He has always received excellent employee fitness reports, and has a habit of working long hours for which he apparently receives little pay.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Zoe

[Pssst, [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]. ;) ]

Zoe wanders aimlessly down the corridors of Simulgrab Power Processors, wishing she was back on the Zax and blasting off from this forsaken slag heap of a planet, and she is nearing what is evidently a break-room near the production lines when she overhears from up ahead just inside said break-room, "So I says to 'im, I says, 'G'on, then! Off the bugger,' I says, and 'e says to me 'e says, 'Right! And 'ave the whole bloomin' patrol on me? I fink not.' So I says, well, it's either that, or you'll be havin' a hard time feedin' yourself after I blows your rottin' 'ead off.' That made an impression on 'im, and we've been collectin' our cut of profits right reg'lar eve' since, we 'ave." Zoe has now eased up as far as she dares to the partially open door. It is about two feet from her, and she hears footsteps in the corridor a fair distance behind her that is most likely the next batch of employees starting their break.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Zoe leans casually against the wall where she is and takes out her communicator. Routing the audio feed to its own internal datachip drive, she makes it into a small audio recorder and turns the gain up as much as she can to catch the background conversation. She then just hangs out there, trying to look like she belongs there, with her comm held as if she were having a conversation, while keeping an eye out for more employees.

Lou

Explorer
Gruffle and Jimmy have spoted some very questionable expenses listed in the ledger. There are a number of reports listed for things like CR3,500 coffee, which do not have accompanying receipts. Looks like all of these were filed by Jovan Selm. Thje total of these payments over time comes to around 1.46 MCR. There are also a few much smaller disbusements which lack the requisite documentation for 'reimbusements' made to a certain Alouicious MacIntosh. Checking the personnel records reveals that MacIntosh is on the custodial staff, and has been an employee of Simulgrab for a number of years. He has always received excellent employee fitness reports, and has a habit of working long hours for which he apparently receives little pay.

"Hmmm, 1.46, almost 1.5M, MCr is nothing to sneeze at. So Mr. Selm is skimming money. Wonder why." muses Jimmy.

Insight

Adventurer
Spider and Kaira speak with Briffy, "I can show you the original expense reports tuned in by Mr. Selm." She produces these, and the team quickly spots several CR 250 "lunches" for which he sought and was granted reimbursement by the company.

When out of earshot of Briffy, Kaira looks to Spider and says, "Skimming off the top, looks like. I have to admire his pluck. Still, his superiors will be most displeased with this. I wonder what he might be willing to do or pay to keep this quiet."

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Zoe

The conversation continues, "...so I says to 'im, I says, now look 'ere Yovan, I can call you Yovan, can't I Mr. Sellum, seeing as how we've become so close lately? Now there's only so much we can do with this drek your givin' us now. Yer've gots ta dig deeper and give 'til it 'urts ya do! SHH! What's that? I 'fought I 'eard summun comin' I did! Let's get outta here." And Zoe then hears receding footsteps.

Scotley

Hero
When out of earshot of Briffy, Kaira looks to Spider and says, "Skimming off the top, looks like. I have to admire his pluck. Still, his superiors will be most displeased with this. I wonder what he might be willing to do or pay to keep this quiet."

Spider considers before answering. "An interesting prospect. I think we'll need to find out why he is skimming. Simple greed and he might pay to keep he status, but what if someone is else is behind this. Someone blackmailing him? He might not be able to pay us as well. I wonder at this Alouicious MacIntosh and how he fits in. Should we talk with him as well?"

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Zoe

Zoe is in the hallway near the mailroom, where she's been eavesdropping. Looking through the open door to the mailroom, she sees a letter tray bearing the name Welest Turang lying among the other similar trays, and she remembers from the Crew's computer briefing back on the Zax to prepare for this mission that the recently deposed Lord High Marshal of Edenelt is named Welest Turang. According to the briefing, Lord Marshal Turang was replaced by a Council of Wardens who are evidently little better than thuggish militant environmentalists. Could this recent change of power have anything at all to do with the timing of the "Fixers' " mission to Edenelt?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Checking the books, etc. - Spider and Kaira

Briffy suddenly looks like the very soul of helpfulness -- "I can get Alouicious MacIntosh up here right away if you like!" (Evidently, Simulgrab places quite a premium on employees with exceptionally acute hearing, because there should have been no way that she could have overheard Kaira and Spider, maybe....) Speaking into an intercom, she continues, "Paging Alouicious Macintosh, Alouicious Macintosh to the Executive Conference Room at once!" She indicates a doorway and you see a most helpful sign beside the door that reads 'Executive Conference Room.' Briffy fairly BEAMS, she's so proud of herself! Spider and Kaira have a sudden urge to throw her a crunchy treat of some sort, but, alas, they have nothing suitable.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Checking the books, etc. - Jimmy and Gruffle

Gruffle and Jimmy finish the task at hand. They are pretty sure that there is no more information to be gleaned from these records. What you're left with is 1.46 MCr in questionable payments to Jovan Selm, and about 22,750 Cr in payments to Alouicious Macintosh that don't seem to have adequate supporting receipts, bills, or something.

Remove ads