Leif's DISCONTINUED GURPS Traveller Game -- IC01

Scotley

Hero
Spider looks as if he's been punched in the gut for a moment, then he says softly, "Um, can you pour me another one of those Jimmy."

Lou

Explorer
Jimmy

Jimmy grins at Welest and pours him a drink from his flask. Handing the drink to Welest, Jimmy turns to Spider and says, "Sure, Spider. Let me pour you another one." Jimmy then refills Spider's crystal glass with the Darrian Brandy.

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Welest Turang

"There may also come a time when your help may be needed to help the Lord High Marshall of Edenelt to secure his power base and establish final control as Edenelt begins to function normally again. I hope that I, uh, I mean he, may rely upon you then as well."

Scotley

Hero
Spider's eyes water slightly as he takes a generous swallow of the brandy and feels the burn. "So, um you want us to undo the coup and put things to right here? Take down the most powerful men on the planet?" He takes another swallow. "Do you have information on them already? Where they are? Troop strength? Anything like that?"

Leif

Adventurer

"You forget, Spider, that I have reason to know of your skills and capabilities. No, your protestations will not permit you to dodge this responsibility. It falls to you individuals to assist Zeering in this matter. Oh, you needn't worry about dealing with the 'most powerful men on the planet,' or anything. No, I expect that by the time you have dealt with the first of these entities the word will have long since gone out far and wide, and the rest of them will have fled as far and into as deep a hole as they are able to find. No, I expect that you will be required to go bar beyond this petty planet, and indeed beyond this subsector, to accomplish the task that I now set before you. Do not worry about their personal power too much, either. No, you should be more concerned about their minions and lieutenants in that respect, and the environments in which they are hiding."

Lou

Explorer
Jimmy

After topping off everyone's drink, Jimmy asks, "So which of the group do you suggest we go after first? And how do you suggest we get started?"

Scotley

Hero
"Hmm, maybe um I could write a bit of code that would help us keep track of the ones that flee after we start to take them down if you really think the rest will run. I'd have to get it into a system they'd take with them. Might be tricky and we'd always be a little behind, but it might give us a clue." Spider settles back into his own brain considering the type of code he'd need and mentally connects with his computer. A hum comes from the little computer on his belt as the cooling fan kicks in to release the heat a sudden burst of intense activity has produced in the digital innards of the machine.

Leif

Adventurer

"That's good thinking Spider, but, if I might make a suggestion, it would be easier to track a device that they all already possess rather than some new device that must be given to them all. And it just so happens that they have only recently begun requiring that all citizens on Edenelt carry an identification card at all times which has a chip implanted in it bearing all vital data concerning the person. Use that against them, and they'll be sorta, 'Hoist with their own petard,' as it were. As to which of the three you pursue first, Jimmy, that is pretty much up to you. I will say that as far as I know, two of them, Douval Rief and Bourachang Houffmann, are on Edenelt, while Gagnor Simes is presently off-world. It might be better to take out the ones who are here first, or it might be easier to find the one who has strayed, in hopes of inducing the other two to remain here and become complacent. Of course, they might also fortify their positions greatly, too," says Welest Turang, Director of Zeering Conglomerate.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"Good thought, ID cards, hummm." Spider turns inward for the moment as he starts coding, but does pipe up to say, "Let's go for the local's first since we are here."

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Welest Turang, Director of Zeering Conglomerate

"Douval Rief is, at last report, enjoying some vacation time at a tropical resort on Edenelt, staying at the Beachfront Shilton Resort in Vytoomb Bay. Bourachang Hoffmann is visiting his parents at Polar Station Rho on Edenelt, where both of his parents work as meteorologists you see. These two. Rief and Hoffmann, will most likely have security details accompanying them, and you should expect other precautions to have been taken. Take nothing for granted, and always assume that you are being targeted by those hoping to defend these villains. Is there anything that you require?"

Last edited:

Remove ads