Leif's DISCONTINUED GURPS Traveller Game -- IC01

Shayuri

First Post
Zoe glances around quickly and goes over to see if there's anything in Turang's mail drop...she then comms Spider and Gruffle.

"Hey, Zoe here. I just heard a few interesting things I want to go over with you guys. Where are you?"

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Zoe

The only thing in Turang's mail drop is a schedule of lunches to be served this week and next week.

Lou

Explorer
Jimmy

OOC: She didn't call Jimmy.

IC: "So Gruffle, what should we do now? Find both..." Hearing Alouicious Macintosh being paged, he adds, "Find the Executive Conference Room, perhaps?" with a grin.

Scotley

Hero
Zoe glances around quickly and goes over to see if there's anything in Turang's mail drop...she then comms Spider and Gruffle.

"Hey, Zoe here. I just heard a few interesting things I want to go over with you guys. Where are you?"

"Ah thank you Briffy, I'm sure your efficiency and helpfulness will feature prominently in our report on the operations here." The words sound strangely hollow and out of place coming from the young Zhodani. Perhaps he is quoting from an old vid.

"Hi um Zoe, Spider here with Karia. We're in the 'Executive Conference Room' by Briffy's station about to interview a grossly overpaid or at least documentation-ally challenged janitor. Guess we can talk here." He suddenly gets an idea and begins looking about for listening devices or a light on the desk speaker comm that would indicate Briffy is listening on the extension at her desk.

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab

Spider does see a light that indicates that Briffy is listening.

Spider and Kaira are in the Executive Conference Room, and Zoe arrives there moments later. Spider's examination of the comm device also reveals a button for the Accounting Dept. Lounge, which was where Jimmy and Gruffle were working on the books. The last remaining member of the soiree would be Alocious Macintosh, and since he has been summoned already, it seems quite likely that he will be here shortly.

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab

OOC: What I intended was to give you a pause to compare notes and brainstorm. Apparently that isn't desired, so as soon as you're ready --

A weak knock comes on the door of the Executive Conference Room, and an abusrdly polite voice says, "Umm, yes? Alouicious Macintosh reporting. You wanted to see me, Sirs?"

OOC: Hold everything! Zoe is apparently wanting to do a bit of brainstorming (see next post), so as soon as you've finished and are ready, Macintosh will be arriving. ;)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Zoe leans close to Spider, though the others can hear as well, and whispers, "I overheard an interesting conversation about a 'Mr Sellem' and someone who it sounds like he was paying off. Got it recorded. I'll upload it to you guys now."

She fiddles with her wristcomm, then sends the audio recording she'd made to the others from the ship.

"Take a listen. This was all near the mailroom, where I saw a mailbox with none other than Welest Turang's name on it. The same Turang that used to be High Lord of the planet. Looks like he's a company man now."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab

For convenience sake, I've saved us some looking through old posts:
Zoe's recording: said:
"...so I says to 'im, I says, 'now look 'ere Yovan, I can call you Yovan, can't I Mr. Sellum, seeing as how we've become so close lately? Now there's only so much we can do with this drek your givin' us now. Yer've gots ta dig deeper and give 'til it 'urts ya do!' SHH! What's that? I 'fought I 'eard summun comin' I did! Let's get outta 'ere."
OOC: This conversation was actually between two unnamed individuals. The speaker [identity unknown] was speaking about Mr. "Sellum" a/k/a "Yovan", not to him. And an additional set of quotes and an additional color have been added to make the quote/recording more intelligible.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab, Cutting to the Chase, a/k/a Reset

OOC: For the sake of our collective sanity, I'm going to help things along a bit. The Corporate Fixers for Zeering Conglomerate have been sent to Edenelt to investigate some irregularities at Simulgrab Power Processors, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Zeering. During your investigation, you've discovered that Jovan Selm, who is actually on the payroll of Zeering but is stationed here in the role of Director of Oversight for Simulgrab Power Processors, is diverting funds for some unknown purpose. Your initial investigation seemed to incriminate Alouicious Macintosh, but further intelligence on Macintosh revealed that he is quite incapable of pulling off a job like this. It's much more likely that he is merely a dupe of the real perpetrator, and probably has no knowledge of what's really going on here. You've also learned that Welest Turang, the recently deposed Lord High Marshal of Edenelt, is an employee of Simulgrab Power Processors. Welest Turang was overthrown and replaced by a so-called Council of Wardens composed of three, um, individuals named Douval Reif, Gagnor Simes, and Bourachang Hoffmann. They are variously wanted by several authorities across the Sector for anything/everything from Spitting on the Sidewalk to Extortion of Millions of Credits, Rape, Pillage, Murder, and Tax Evasion. They're bad guys, to say the least. You've made contact with Welest Turang, or so we can easily assume, and it's an easy matter to determine that he is still in good health and at liberty. So that will complete the part of your mission that you were not overtly told about. Ooops. Then there's also the matter of nailing that pesky embezzler. Jovan Selm is a bad apple, true, but he's not in it by himself. No, his contact at Zeering, who should have caught this situation a long, long time ago, is Temakak Briden. There is a fishy smell apparent near Briden, too, and it seems like he must have some guilty knowledge of this operation.

Anyway, Selm and Briden are easy enough to get nabbed, being just run-of-the-mill white collar crooks. No challenge there, even. But the other three, Douval Reif, Gagnor Simes, and Bourachang Hoffmann, now that might be a somewhat taller order. A bit of checking reveals that while almost everyone who is anyone at Simulgrab has heard of them, not one single person can recall actually setting eyes on any of the three in person or on vid. No one even knows what race/species they are.

[If this is sounding a bit familiar to some of you, yes, I'm going for a Jack Vance's Demon Princes kind of a feel here.]

Last edited:

Remove ads