Leif's DISCONTINUED GURPS Traveller Game -- IC01

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab, Cutting to the Chase, a/k/a Reset II

OOC: See, Welest Turang was not removed from power on Edenelt by the usual means, which is to say the LEGAL means. No, he was victim to a coup d'etat staged by Douval Reif, Gagnor Simes, and Bourachang Hoffmann. He will gladly tell you this if you ask him, and he might just have some additional news for you, too. I highly recommend that you track him down (he's somewhere in the building) and have a chat with him. ;) [You ARE expected by Zeering Conglomerate to make diplomatic contact with any heads of state on worlds where Zeering has a corporate presence, if you get the opportunity. Welest Turang doesn't technically qualify as a head of state at the moment, but he did until very recently, and could once again. Anyway, one never knows where a new opportunity for increased sales or corporate expansion will arise, and Zeering does have some mighty fine munitions of all sorts and planetary vehicles for sale.]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Once the gang is all in the conference room, Spider casually pull the plug from the back of the comm unit cutting Briffy's contact with the room. As added protection he begins playing the soundtrack of one of his favorite video games near the door.

"This planet is a real snake pit. Welest Turang might be able to help us get a better idea of what's going on here. Since he's on the payroll I say we call him in."

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: +1 CP to everyone immediately -- THANKS, SPIDER!

Zoe excuses herself to the powder room, and since she doesn't trust any facilities down here, she wants to use the Zax's head.
[sblock=OOC for all, RE: Shayuri]
For any who might not know yet, Shayuri has withdrawn from the game, so Zoe Danni is now an npc (because you need a pilot, unless Spider feels up to taking over that job.) Beyond this announcement, let's keep discussion of all of this confined to the OOC, please?[/sblock][sblock=Action!]
Another change coming down the pike is that the action level in this game is about to increase tenfold, or thereabouts maybe. Anyhoo, bidness is a-fixin' ta pick up felas! :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Jimmy

Jimmy scrounges around under the counters and in the cupboards until glasses and such are located. He sets some out and pours drinks for everyone.

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab

Jimmy doesn't have to look far for what he seeks! There's a decanter of Darrian Brandy on a shelf next to the conference table, and an array of crystal glasses nearby. Jimmy snifs the brandy dubiously and renders his verdict upon it?

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab

Spider makes his announcment over the interoffice intercom, "Umm, ahh, Welest Turang to the Executive Conference Room at once. If you're not too busy or anything? Nah, better just come on anyway." Jimmy continues 'testing out' the spirits that he has found, pronounces it suitable (in a pinch), and pours short glasses of the bew for everyone, 'everyone' being Kaira, Spider, Gruffle, and Jimmy. Almost as soon as the glasses have been distributed, a confident, but not overly loud knock comes at the door, and a moment later, a middle-aged man steps into the conference room. He is clad in the typical Simulgrab-style jumpsuit, but his, of a steel gray, almost metallic color, is adorned with violet piping across the breast and down both sleeves, and is exquisitely tailored to his exact form and made of a far higher-quality material than any you have yet seen. His close-trimmed beard is a rich nutty brown color, as is the hair on top of his head, except for gray patches at his temples. Tall and slender, he moves with the air of someone accustomed to exercising authority and who expects complete obedience. "Welest Turang, reporting. How may I be of assistance today?"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Spider knocks back the shot and waits until he catches his breath before speaking. "Thank you for coming so promptly. As I expect you know we are here at the behest of the Zeering home office to look into some irregularities in books here. Frankly we've found a mess. We believe the heart of the problem is the corruption in the current political structure here on Edenelt. As the former ruling power here we hoped you could tell us something of what has happened."

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Welest Turang

Welest Turang's eyes soften a bit as Spider speaks, and the corners of his mouth twitch a bit as if he wants to smile, but he refrains. When Spider finishes speaking, he looks around the room, peering into the eyes of each other person present, to more accurately gauge whether there are any additional questions or comments coming before he responds.

Lou

Explorer
Jimmy

Jimmy pours the Darrian Brandy in the glasses and offers one to Welest, "Something to wet your whistle while pondering the possibilities? Sorry, it's the best we could do in short order."

Leif

Adventurer
Simulgrab -- Welest Turang

"Thank you, Jimmy, but I quite prefer to have your brand if you have some with you," says Welest Turang with a knowing wink. "Oh, don't look so surprised, yes, I know all of you, Jimmy, Spider, Kaira, Gruffle. Only where's, ahhh, where's Zoe? Oh, silly me, she's on the ship, of course, right? Makes sense. Leave it to the Zhodani to leave no stone unturned, eh, Spider? But back to the business at hand -- My official title as an 'employee' of Simulgrab is Consultant/Liaison to Zeering Conglomerate, but in truth I've kept a seat on the Zeering Board of Directors warm for, well, let's just say a long time, shall we? We had to bring you here this way to slip in under the "Edenelt Authorities' radar" as it were. No one pays any attention to corporate dust-ups and in-fighting. You see, there is something much, much larger at stake here on Edenelt. Something that even has the potential to shake the foundations of Zeering, if it's not corralled well before then. Edenelt is ruled by a 'Council of Wardens' at present, and that is the problem. The 'Council of Wardens' 'seized power in a coup d'etat and ousted the Lord High Marshal from power. Now I, as I said, am a member of the Zeering Conglomerate Board of Directors, and as such, your superior. I am directing you to bring all your resources to bear on this 'Council of Wardens,' namely, Douval Rief, Gagnor Simes, and Bourachang Houffmann, remove them from power and surrender them to the Edenelt Authorities so that they may answer for their crimes, which are many and heinous. And, now, Jimmy, if you please, may I impose upon you for another glass of your wonderful elixir?"

Last edited:

Remove ads