Leif's DISCONTINUED GURPS Traveller Game OOC01

Leif

Adventurer
I actually chose the option that was most like what the game was now. ;) And it was #1 on your list, so I thought it was what you wanted. :p
For the record, the order of potential options had nothing to do with my preferences. But doing that might be fun. Actually, if you really want to know what I want to do, ahem, I'd rather continue with what we're doing now for awhile longer. The bad part is that you're just about to get out ahead of me again, so I'll have to either do some speed-designing or write as I go.

Scotley

Hero
I'm good with finishing up the current thread. I'm leaving early in the morning for the beach and I expect to have only access on my phone which is a little limited for posting. I'll be back in business Friday evening. NPC spider as needed. I will get a post up today/tonight.

Leif

Adventurer
Then what say we continue on with this story line for now. If we complete it, or if it continues to bog down relentlessly, someone call "TIME!" and we'll re-evaluate then. Sound like a plan?

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley in IC post 547-- said:
Spider knocks back the shot and waits until he catches his breath before speaking. "Thank you for coming so promptly. As I expect you know we are here at the behest of the Zeering home office to look into some irregularities in books here. Frankly we've found a mess. We believe the heart of the problem is the corruption in the current political structure here on Edenelt. As the former ruling power here we hoped you could tell us something of what has happened."
Scotley, Dude, you just ROCK! We gotta send you on vacation more often! ;)
If I could give you ten or twenty more xp yet, they'd ALL be yours!

Insight

Adventurer
Leif & Co,

I just haven't been all that into this game for a while. As much as I have tried, I just feel like I am either not interested in what we are doing or I don't have enough time to commit to making this work. In any event, I need to drop some of my games on here.

Good luck to those who continue,

Insight

Leif

Adventurer
Leif & Co,

I just haven't been all that into this game for a while. As much as I have tried, I just feel like I am either not interested in what we are doing or I don't have enough time to commit to making this work. In any event, I need to drop some of my games on here.

Good luck to those who continue,

Insight
*sigh* Yeah, I've been expecting this for awile now. So long, Insight.

Leif

Adventurer
Alas, alack, and dagnabbit! Due to player desertion, I'm the only one left who cares about this game. :blush: Since I can't very well play with myself (hey watch it!) I guess that spells the end of this particular ENWorld GURPS Traveller experiment. It's been going on for quite awhile, come to think of it, so I'm not sure quite why I feel like such a failure. Oh, well, I'll live to game another day, and even GM/DM another day, too. B-)

At least this game saw the christening of a brand new GURPS Traveller thread banner on ENWorld, And it lasted for over a year, too! IC was 8/12/2010 - 9/17/2011, and OOC was from 7/20/2010 - 8/15/2011.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Don't feel bad, man. Most games never last past their first year, regardless...and Traveller is hard to run. It really, really is. That, plus getting folks on a system like GURPS which is kind of an egghead system (even if I love it, I have to be honest), I think you did well.

You just picked a very challenging goal for yourself. :)

I hope the game on SJackson's forums goes well!

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks, man, that helps. :) I always thought I had some defect because I found it hard to run Traveller games. This game had a severe case of schizophrenia from the absolute get-go. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to run a trading game, a war game, or a spy/investigator game. And changing my mind between these every couple of months didn't help matters any at all, either. I find myself also wanting to experiment with other forms of GURPS, too, but I'd prefer to do it as a player at first. The GURPS Boards have lighter traffic than ENWorld, so it's not as easy to find a suitable new game starting up over there. (Plus, I wasn't chosen for the one game that I went all-out to join. :( - it was a Supers game, more's the pity!)

The game I'm running there is so far strictly a trading game, using GURPS Traveller Interstellar Wars and set in the Solomani Rim. In fact, so far, the PCs have not even left the Terran subsector. I've got them in a 200 dTon Hero class private merchant. I'm taking a more gradual approach to this game - letting them trade and just do their thing for a good length of time before I pull the rug out from under them with my weird crap. And I may not ever do that. I'm having a surprising amount of fun just doing the trading thing and they'll probably find lots of stuff to do that's a surprise to me, too.

Last edited:

Remove ads