• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Rhun

First Post
Turthain readies his bow, and moves silently out into the night, trying to see what is going on.

OOC: Those rolls wouldn't suffice, even if Turthain was high level! LOL.

Leif

Adventurer
Redding Flat -- Coming Out of Groll's House

OOC: Anybody seen Odo/Marley lately? Hope he's still with us and ok...

IC: Turthain 'softly' slams the door just as he is wracked by a fit of coughing. [See Rhun's die rolls...] Strangely enough, the only Ogre that you've seen so far chooses that exact moment to bend over, hike one leg in the air and release the loudest expulsion of gas that any of you remembers hearing. [See my die roll. :) ] The walls of the hovel vibrate and sway with the massive concussion. From further out in the pasture, a booming, gruff voice calls, "Blimey, Orris I'm glad I weren't behind ye's when that fit o'ercame ye!"

OOC: Speaking of clerics, now might be a good time for some ritual bathing....

OOC: I told myself that there was a 75% chance that Turthain's goose was about to be cooked.

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
IC: Turthain 'softly' slams the door just as he is wracked by a fit of coughing.

Cam curses under his breath and draws both of his hand axes. He slides one across the floor towards Groll mouthing the words Just in case before getting ready to charge out and rescue Turthain if it sounds like he comes under attack.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Anybody seen Odo/Marley lately? Hope he's still with us and ok...

IC: Turthain 'softly' slams the door just as he is wracked by a fit of coughing.

Shiyana visibly winces at the "less than stealthy" egress and looks at Camlin wide-eyed.

"Bollux. Guess there's that then?" she asks as she moves to exit also, expecting Turthain to be finding himself in harm's way.

She'll let the ranger exit first...and/or stop if he signals her to stay back.

OOC: Well, regardless of how cruel the dice gods were to Turthain (not a reassuring omen for the rest of us, to be sure)...he's outside now? How many? What're they doing? What's he see?

<returns surprised looks from the other players> Wut?! Stealth's not an option, we might as well get the intel. :p /OOC

Imperialus

Explorer
Shiyana visibly winces at the "less than stealthy" egress and looks at Camlin wide-eyed.

"Bollux. Guess there's that then?" she asks as she moves to exit also, expecting Turthain to be finding himself in harm's way.

She'll let the ranger exit first...and/or stop if he signals her to stay back.

OOC: Well, regardless of how cruel the dice gods were to Turthain (not a reassuring omen for the rest of us, to be sure)...he's outside now? How many? What're they doing? What's he see?

<returns surprised looks from the other players> Wut?! Stealth's not an option, we might as well get the intel. :p /OOC

As Cam sees Shiyana move towards the door he'll hold up his hand to stop her. There's been no sign from the ogres that they even cared about the racket yet.

Leif

Adventurer
Redding Flat -- Outside Groll's House

Turthain makes like a statue. The ogre pays him no heed. The more distant creature begins a basso profundo guffawing that vibrates the back teeth of all the adventurers. A moment later, the 'guffawer', which proves to be a second, somewhat larger, ogre, appears and claps a meaty arm around 'Orriss's' shoulder and the two of them share a rollicking moment of humor, punctuated by taking enormous bites out of a sheep's carcass that was presumably moments ago a part of Groll's herd. "Hey Enos," says the 'fragrante delicto' ogre, Orris, that'un war a good'un, weren't she? Dis sheep's kinda gamey tho, wonder if it'as a-sick or summin'?"

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Turthain remains still and quiet as he nocks an arrow, and prepares to fire. Still, he waits for his companions to make the first move, not confident in the company's ability to defeat two ogres.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Do we have some kind of visual communication with Turthain? Do we (inside the Groll homestead) know that there are two...or only two? If so, continue to the IC. If not, Shiyana awaits a plan or command or move from Camlin. She's headstrong and wants to engage, but charging in for a couple of ogres is not quite the same thing, to her mind, as jumping in between Camlin and an orc. /OOC

IC: With unspoken confirmation that there are two of the beastly brutes in the Groll's sheep pen, Shiyana whispers to Camlin, "I may be able to incapacitate them with a bit of help from the Balance. Would it not be wise to hold them where they are, away from the people and rest of the village buildings?

If this is agreed, Shiyana will edge her way outside of the doorway (or follow a charge behind the others) and cast Entanglement where the ogres are, especially since they are now standing very close together (which I know Shiyana can not see).

(OOC, again: Now that I'm thinking about it, how far away are they? Shiyana may have to move or charge out further to get closer to get them in range. Which she will do if she receives an affirmative from the others.)

Leif

Adventurer
Redding Flat -- Outside Groll's House

Map is attached.

The door is still open a crack, allowing Camlin to peek out.

OOC: Remember, it's dark out, so only those with infravision can see well enough for normal misssile fire. Others are at -2 at ranges over 10 feet. Squares on map are 5 feet across.

Attachments

• A-Ogres at Groll House-1.xls
    24 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Seeing Camlin peeking out of the cracked door, Turthain holds up two fingers, and then points in the direction of the ogres.

Remove ads