• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
Odo's grip tightens around the handle on his shield... he mouths to himself (perhaps too quiet for anyone to hear) Two ogres! Pholtus, please help me.

He readies himself for battle.

OOC: Anybody seen Odo/Marley lately? Hope he's still with us and ok...

OOC: Sorry guys, April is the busiest month of the year in my line of work. I will try to keep up with the thread but I may disappear from time-to-time for a couple of days.

Leif

Adventurer
Redding Flat -- Outside Groll's House

OOC: Sorry guys, April is the busiest month of the year in my line of work. I will try to keep up with the thread but I may disappear from time-to-time for a couple of days.
OOC: Not a problem, thanks for the heads up! If you've vanished and we need an action for Odo, is it ok with you if I npc him, after giving you a decent amount of time (3-4 days?) to act for him?

Groll's wife and children shiver visibly and clutch each other desperately. The ogres continue to munch on the ex-sheeep, tearing great chunks of flesh, slurping up its inwards, and making low, grumbling noises as they do so. They appear to be getting done with the sheeep and start looking around for their next morsel.

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"What's the plan, Cam?" Shiyana whispers, a bit of nervousness can be heard in her voice. She hopes the farm folk were unable to hear or notice it.

Her own determination is welling up. The anticipation of battle is not something she enjoys nor likes to let fester. Go in. Get it done. Almost without thinking, like the animals of the wood would do. She wants to let instinct begin to guide her but forces herself to hold back, waiting for some direction from the others.

Imperialus

Explorer
Cam nods towards Turthain and mouths the word SHOOT.

As soon as Turthain takes a shot Cam will come charging out of the door and charge the nearest ogre.

Rhun

First Post
Turthain offes Cam a shrug, turns again toward the ogres, and silently nocks his arrow. He takes a deep breath, readies his shot, and then let's arrow fly. It is quickly followed by a second arrow, streaking through the night sky.

OOC: So two shots, at +4 to hit, for 1d6+1d6 damage each. Add in his normal bonuses, and we have two shots at +6 to hit each, for 1d6+1d6 damage each. We'll aim them both toward Orris.

Assuming a 24 and a 17 both hit, that's 20 points of damage.

Imperialus

Explorer
As soon as Cam sees the arrow leave the bow he opens the door and charges at the nearest ogre who's still alive. He doesn't shout a warcry or anything, just a snarl as he covers the last few feet before swinging his sword.

ooc: with a charge I should be able to cover the 60 feet to the furthest ogre if necessary.

Leif

Adventurer
Redding Flat -- Outside Groll's House

Orris and Enos hp: Orris: 19-20=dead ogre, Enos: 22-10=12.

Turthain silently draws his arrow to his cheek, takes careful aim, releases the 'yard of death', quickly draws a second arrow and repeats the motion. Both arrows pierce Orris's back, one striking his right kidney and the second piercing his throat ashe turns his head in surprise. Orris crumples to the earth in a stinking heap and dies.

Camlin softly snarls as he charges up to attack Enos. His longsword bite deeply into Enos's abdomen. [Cam was attacking at an additional +1 because he was charging, too!]

[Shiyana and Odo are up!]

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Shiyana races out after the ranger, though is unable to keep up with his snarling charge.

Seeing the first ogre fall to Turthain's arrows and the telling blow struck by Camlin, Shiyana smiles a bit to herself. Maybe her magics won't need to be expended after all. She will stop her approach on the "houseside" of the dead Ogre1 but is ready to jump in to Camlin's assistance if necessary.

OOC: Say, she holds off at AM-29? (what's my movement rate anywho?)

Leif

Adventurer
Redding Flat -- Outside Groll's House [Shiyana]

OOC: In leather armor, and unencumbered, her movement rate is 12" -- since we're out-of-doors, that's 120 YARDS / round! :p

Remove ads