Leif's "Hold of the Sea Princes" Greyhawk Alpha Game [AD&D 1E] [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Redding Flat -- Outside Groll's House

[Taking certain OOC revelations into account...]

The last remaining living ogre's sluggish brain finally catches up with his enormous, severely damaged body, and his eyes get very large as his huge, lifeless body crumples in a very dead, stinking heap to lie beside his already dead companion.

Each ogre has a large sack tied about his/its waist, and wears a gold ring. One wears a ring with an opaque bluish stone on his/its left hand, and the other wears a ring with an opaque reddish stone on his/its right hand.

Also, Odo suddenly wakes up and realizes that he isn't as hurt as he first thought. It seems that much of what he thought was blood is actually leakage from his waterskin which was pierced by the claw of an ogre. [Odo now has 5 hp.]

Last edited:

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
Odo continues to bleed and drops from -2 to -3 hp.

Oblivious to his current surroundings... Odo sees the Light of Pholtus in the distance and feels it pulling him closer.

Also, Odo suddenly wakes up and realizes that he isn't as hurt as he first thought. It seems that much of what he thought was blood is actually leakage from his waterskin which was pierced by the claw of an ogre. [Odo now has 5 hp.]

Odo quickly pulls focus and realizes the light was eminating from the farmhouse. Good shot, Cam! For a moment there I thought I was dead.

Odo looks around at the two large, dead corpses and thanks Pholtus for providing him with such powerful companions. Well, two dead. I suppose there are still more out there? Odo listens for a moment to hear if there is anything rustling nearby.

Imperialus

Explorer
Seeing Odo regaining his feet Cam quickly strips the rings from the ogres fingers tossing them to Shiyana "Shi, wanna see what's in those sacks before the locals start feeling brave? Turthain, think you can grab me a torch or something, I wanna get a look at these tracks while they're fresh."

Leif

Adventurer
Redding Flat -- Tracking the Ogres

Cam easily spots the trail of the ogres, although it does become a bit easier, at first, to do so once Turthain tosses him an (unlit) torch and he proceeds to light it. Soon, though, Camlin discovers that the torch is utterly spoiling is night vision and the exaggerated shadows of the torch are making the prints look like overblown charicatures of themselves. The trail goes down into a shallow draw or valley where a brisk stream flows and parrallels the waterway heading upstream along the eastern bank. It is now about the second hour of the night, roughly 7 pm. Cam follows the trail for a qarter mile or so on his own, while the rest of the band of hardy adventurers rest up from their battle and secure any loose ends that remain to be bound up. After a few moments, Cam douses his torch and returns, confident that he can lead the group back to the trail he discovered, and not at all certain that he should track by torchlight again.

OOC: I don't want to get to far ahead of everyone, in case there's some other business that should be taken care of before proceeding. If not, assume that everyone is now rested (Cam, woodsman that he is, finds tracking to be as restful an actvity as any), there has been time for Odo to perform any healing that he wishes to perform, everyone has noshed a bit on some trail rations, and some taters, turnips, fresh milk, and spring water brought out to you by Mrs. Groll, and all are refreshed as much as can be under the circumstances.

OOC: If I hadn't missed Shiyana's Nat 20, and it had done Max Dam + regular damage roll, the hit would have inflicted 9 hp damage instead of 3 hp damage, and killed the ogre. Man, steeldragons, I feel terrible about this! :(

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: No big deal, Leif. But appreciate the retcon so we don't have a dead cleric on our hands. ;)

IC: Shiyana has no problem doing as Camlin asks and gathers up/goes through whatever there is to gather from the ogre's belt pouches and gives their rings a good once over, also, to see if there is anything to note about them.

She will suggest to Odo and Turthain (Cam's off tracking ;) that maybe they should leave the Grolls one of the rings (or some other coinage if there is any in the ogre's sacks) to assist them in their recent hardships/replace their lost livestock.

Leif

Adventurer
Redding Flat -- The Ogres' Sacks

OOC: Odo's miraculous recovery was going to happen even before I noticed my error with your Nat 20, steeldragons, because dead clerics are just a pain.

IC: Inside the ogres' sacks, Shiyana finds lots of silver (3,800 sp), some electrum (1,450 ep), gold (875 gp), 3 100 gp gems, 15 10 gp gems, 3 potion bottles, and the two rings, which suddenly shrink to roughly Shiyana's size when she pulls them off the ogres.

OOC: If you guys give the Groll family more than a hunded or so silver, I'm going to decide that you don't want treasure and adjust awards accordingly.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Turthain is part theif, and by nature he is greedy. He certainly wants treasure.

"Perhaps we can give the Grolls a bit of silver to replace their livestock," says Turthain regarding his companions suggestion. The elf is still a bit in shock that they dispatched the two ogres as handily as they had. "But giving them gold and jewelry seems like a bit of overkill. We adventuring types certainly need the coin worse than the farmers."

Remove ads