D&D 4E Let me sum up 4e anger for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
asdfff said:
And I so lovingly crafted the op. Yes, they are liars. That's pretty much it, I don't have a good conspiracy to go with it. Is that not enough? That they're liars?
Every company, every single corporation in capitalist world are liars then. Every one.
Because their "lies" are standard non-disclosure maneuvers.

Edit : I should have my head revised, why do I feed the troll ?

asdfff

First Post
Horacio said:
Every company, every single corporation in capitalist world are liars then. Every one.
Because their "lies" are standard non-disclosure maneuvers.

The ones you refer to are quote-unquote lies. These're lies, period. I have 2 retailers in my area who are told, to their face, not over the phone, that 4e isn't coming til second half 09. Period. It's not an NDA non-truth-

it's a lie

period.

EDIT: Don't worry, I'm using adblock, and I won't see you guys again til 5th edition (I'll promise to st out 4.5. It'll be as if I was never here. And I didn't read the rules, but seriously? A RPG discussion site that doesn't allow political discussion? A ROLE PLAYING site? No wonder people are flocking to story games.

Templeton580

Explorer
The original post's suggestion that "lying" about releasing an edition of a game is akin to the crimes of various people and governments in history and in the present is preposterous. Not only that, it's offensive. Are you really comparing 4th edition to the Holocaust? Really?

Because that idea is so silly, it goes beyond stupid to the point where it almost seems intelligent, until you think about it for 10 seconds and realize, no, it's actually as stupid as a box of rocks.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
I insist, all corporations do that. From Microsoft to the smallest one. As all those yearly "Duke Nuke Forever will be released by the end of the year" statements were lies, most RPG release dates are lies. But the are needed to corporation survival.
Information in corporate world is very very valuable, and if you must lie to protect it, you do it.
I understand why you, and those retailers, and many people feel cheated... But I think you're taking it too personally...

asdfff

First Post
Cutter XXIII said:
The original post's suggestion that "lying" about releasing an edition of a game is akin to the crimes of various people and governments in history and in the present is preposterous. Not only that, it's offensive. Are you really comparing 4th edition to the Holocaust? Really?

Because that idea is so silly, it goes beyond stupid to the point where it almost seems intelligent, until you think about it for 10 seconds and realize, no, it's actually as stupid as a box of rocks.

I'm not equating RPG publishing to the holocaust; I'm pointing out lies at various points in recent history. These are not "lies", or NDA non-truths, they're LIES. People LIED and others were LIED TO. No one died, of course, but when you're considering the razor-thin profits of FLGS, well...

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
asdfff, are you a FLGS onwer/worker ? That would make your wrath more understandable.

The first post remains way out of proportion, but...

asdfff

First Post
Horacio said:
I insist, all corporations do that. From Microsoft to the smallest one. As all those yearly "Duke Nuke Forever will be released by the end of the year" statements were lies, most RPG release dates are lies. But the are needed to corporation survival.
Information in corporate world is very very valuable, and if you must lie to protect it, you do it.
I understand why you, and those retailers, and many people feel cheated... But I think you're taking it too personally...

Bah, just giving a voice to my 2 retailers. They're reading these boards, right now, I promise you. One as guest, one signed in. One just called me up because he recognized my examples. They're saving the printable versions as the thread grows to post up in the stores for later.

EDIT: No, but I'm a fellow small-business owner, and as Ive said I know more than a few FLGS people. They have networks and old-boy webs too, not unlike buyers for distributors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads