• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Level conversion between 3.5 and 4E for monsters?

Squire James

First Post
I gather Draconians would probably fracture somewhat like lots of races would do in 4e. For instance, a Baaz Grunt may be a level 3 minion while a Baaz Champion may be a level 7 elite soldier. I'd rate the "base levels" of each type as 2 for Baaz, 4 for Kapak, 6 for Bozak, 8 for Sivak, and 10 for Aurak. Some special individuals may be 2 or 4 levels higher.

Certain computer games featured very high-level play in the Dragonlance world - and these had "enchanted" draconians of each type that I'd rate as 10 levels higher (kind of like "gain 1 tier and go on" monsters).

Wraith Form

Explorer
If I might threadjack for a few seconds....how about adapting AD&D 2nd edition monsters to 4th edition?

I take it that since 3.x edition was a bit more powerful than AD&D 2nd, then logically AD&D 2nd to 4th is a somewhat significant increase in power.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Remove ads