• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LG vs. N: Lawful Good Victorious!

Gansk

Explorer
My apoligies, I assumed the spider's speed was 20 without checking.

Next up for N: a changeling (MM III)

The changeling goes first in round 31.

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
==
Q: Can Changeling enter the arena in a form other than its default?
Q: Does the Changeling know what the Bhuka looks like?
Q: Has the Changeling been able to observe any of the other arenas?

Confirmation: Bhuka is currently at 0N0E?

Gansk

Explorer
The changeling can ready its equipment but cannot perform other abilities until it enters the arena.

The changeling is observing the bhuka now, but it did not observe the action in any of the other arenas.

The bhuka is still at 0N0E.

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
The changeling keeps its crossbow at the ready, and advances slowly (total defense) to 60N90E.

"Friend! I don't want to fight you! I was enjoying a nice meal when something kidnapped me here! Let's just go our separate ways in peace and frustrate those Evil Buzzards!"

==
The speech could be considered a Bluff attempt, but I don't think I can combine that with moving.

Gansk

Explorer
Round 31

The bhuka looks quizzically at the changeling and seems to reply in an incomprehensible language. Then he fires.

The arrow goes long. (Rolled 8-2 for long range = 6)

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
"Dang it! Why is it that these buzzards never speak an intelligible language? I was sitting down to enjoy a big, thick steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a beer that was as good as honey is sweet. Then some muckety high-power goes and kidnaps me, sticks me in a place with NO cover, NO terrain and forces me to go kill some weird-a** sand-toad-man." <i>Hmm... sand-toad over there is a pretty slow shot - I wonder...</i>

The changeling waits until the Bhuka is fires (ready action), then moves to 50N65E.
==
Here's hoping that forces the Bhuka's arrow to land where the changeling *was*. I doubt the tactic would work at all if the Bhuka had iterative ranged attacks, but it doesn't.

Gansk

Explorer
That's an imaginative move, but I can't allow it. The arrow takes much less than 6 seconds to travel the distance required.

I'll let you ready total defense if the bhuka fires.

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
==
I wasn't sure - the SRD says a readied action "interrupts" the action it's readied against, and goes before the triggering action. It's not a question so much of flight time as it is re-aiming. Eh. It was worth exploring.

Change the tactic back to "total defense with single move", ending coordinate is the same.

Gansk

Explorer
Round 32

This time the bhuka improves his aim! (Rolled 21-2 for long range = 19)

4 points of damage! The changeling has 1 hp left.

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
Dang! Buzzard's got good aim. That hurt! Let's see if I can give him his gift back.

The changeling fires his crossbow at the sand-toad, then moves to 40N40E.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads