• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LG vs. N: Lawful Good Victorious!

Gansk

Explorer
That's fine, you can either pick another arena by announcing it on the sign up thread or we can swap alignments in this arena until the bhuka is eliminated.

The jackal has identical statistics to a small dog in the MM, so you can play it without a problem.

Gansk

Explorer
Round 27

A medium sized, slightly built humanoid with deep-set eyes, flat face, slitted nostrils and large ears enters the arena at 0N0E. A lizard-like frill of skin around his throat is adorned with paint, and his large splayed feet have webbed toes. He is wearing padded armor with a light shield strapped to his back and a club hanging from his belt. He fires an arrow from his short bow at the jackal.

Hits! (Rolled 21-2 for long range = 19) 2 points of damage. The jackal has 4 hp left.

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
*YELP!* :Sand-stinky-toad-two-legs hurt me!: BARK! GROWL!

The jackal crouches defensively (total defense), and advances threateningly, growling, to 0N25E.

GROWL! SNARL!

Edited: Bhuka is more than 80' away.

Last edited:

Gansk

Explorer
Total defense is a standard action, which means the jackal can only move 40 feet.
60N60E to 0N25E is more than 40 feet. Was there a typo on the position?

The 80 foot charge would have taken the jackal to 5N5E, which is enough to make a bite but not enough to make a bull rush.

I believe the PHB has been errataed to disallow bull rushes in combination with a charge. I know it is true for overrun, and I think bull rush was disallowed as well.

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
In order. Nope, I missed total defense being a standard action.

That would change the final position to 30N35E.

I just double-checked the errata - you can still Bull Rush as part of a charge. Frankly, I'm not sure why the change was made, but eh. Regardless, no charge will be made, yet!

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
Also, you may want to explicitly mention "with Errata" in the rules set, since for many people they aren't part of the rules as published. And it might avoid some potential acrimony in the future.

BTW, since it's apparent you were aware of my non-editted post, how do you want to handle those kinds of changes?

Gansk

Explorer
Round 28

The bhuka fires another arrow and the jackal dodges it easily. (Rolled 14)

Then he drops his bow and readies his club while moving to 30N0E.

Gansk

Explorer
GuardianLurker said:
Also, you may want to explicitly mention "with Errata" in the rules set, since for many people they aren't part of the rules as published. And it might avoid some potential acrimony in the future.

BTW, since it's apparent you were aware of my non-editted post, how do you want to handle those kinds of changes?

OK, I'll be explicit in the rules. I hope I'm not annoying you with my rules lawyering, as I am enjoying the imagination you are using with your tactics.

I think as long as you edit before I finish posting, your edited move is allowed. I was about to describe a slugfest between the jackal and the bhuka when I noticed your edit. It doesn't bother me, I took a long time and you changed your mind, so I only have to change the events of one round. I really don't think this will happen very often.

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
GRR! SNARL!

The jackal charges at the Bhuka, leaping for its throat (i.e. Bull Rush)!

==
Eh. My GMing style is a little looser with the rules, but this is PbP, so being more strict isn't a bad thing. It's also your game, not mine, so while I may disagree with some of your interpretations, I'm not going to derail it into an argument. After all, I'm here to play.

Remove ads