LG vs. N: Lawful Good Victorious!

Gansk

Explorer
His bearings now gathered, the aasimar strikes true! (Rolled 19)

6 points of damage! The poor bunny is a mess at -4 hp.

Round 22:

The bunny takes no action and is defeated!

A horned lizard runs into the arena to position 0N60E.

It is a tiny animal that looks like a large toad with sharp spines.

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
Got it. The crossbow has no straps or other mechanisms that allow hands-free carrying (vice wielding), and so is useless after the first shot, and cannot be used against successive monsters.

With that in mind, CHARGE! (instead)

Gansk

Explorer
The aasimar charges to 0N55E, hacks, and misses. (Rolled 7 + 2 for charge = 9)

Round 23:

The lizard shoots blood out of its eyes onto the aasimar! He's shaken by the horrific display! (Rolled 4 for will save)

The lizard enters the aasimar's square. The aasimar's AoO is a natural 1!

Gansk

Explorer
The aasimar is still too shocked to fight well. (Rolled 8-2 for shaken = 6)

Round 24:

The lizard enters the aasimar's square. The aasimar misses the AoO. (Rolled 8)

The lizard tries to bite the aasimar's boot and comes up with a wad of dirt. (Rolled natural 1)

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
All right. Time compression on, because there aren't a whole of lot of tactical alternatives.

Current position is 0N55E, yes?

The aasimar will continue taking 5' steps due west (and attempting to skewer the lizard) until he arrives at 0N0E. He will then begin backing around in circles (0N0E > 5N0E > 5N5E > 0N5E) until either he or the lizard is dead.

Interrupt if the lizard dies before he reaches 0N0E from his current position, or the lizard squirts him again.

Gansk

Explorer
Good choice of instructions.

After 2 more rounds of pathetic rolling, the combat ends in a draw!

Round 27:

A jackal enters the arena and moves to position 60N60E.

Next up for LG: a bhuka (Sandstorm)

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
I have to bow out - at least for a bit - as I don't own (or plan on acquiring) Sandstorm.

I'm willing to swap arenas temporarily (if one of the others is interested), but I'm not sure where I'd announce it.

Alternatively, if you're willing to skip the monsters from Sandstorm, Frostburn, and the Minatures Handbook (none of which I own) until some more combatants arrive, we can continue onward.

Last edited:

Remove ads