• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Liberty Squad: WW2 Mutants and Masterminds

Dirigible

Explorer
It had been a long, dull four days. Oh, the underground facilities were impressive enough, in a military sense, but far to spartan for Lucian's tastes. A few of the men had enough scrip to be worth gambling with, occassionally, and there were certain necessities a gentleman simple had to have on the battlefield, so making a few contacts in the Quartermaster's Corp was always handy... but it was only daily rifle drill that had kept him from dying of boredom.

Lucian stood as far back as the range would allow, one foot raised on a block, weapon braced to his shoulder, but the targets were only a thousand yards away, hardly a challange. A translucent wisp of smoke curled up from the cigarette drooping from his lip. Still, if he closed an eye, he could almost make it tricky enough to be interesting... three shots rang out in close succession, and three man-shaped targets bucked against the hay bales they leaned against, each with a neat hole in the centre of the forehead.

Lucian took his foot off the aiming block, scrutinising the targets with his eagle-sharp vision and stretching his shoulders. Perfect as always. As he turned away from the range, he caght sight of a mammoth of a man, standing near the silo and speaking in a booming voice and thick accent to a brace of minders.

He made his way over to the newcommer with an idle stride and easy pace. Looking the giant man up and down, he drops the butt of the cigarette from his mouth and drawls, "So... you're the Russian?" A blindingly stupid question, of course, but suitable for introductions to an unknown factor.

garyh

First Post
Dirigible said:
He made his way over to the newcommer with an idle stride and easy pace. Looking the giant man up and down, he drops the butt of the cigarette from his mouth and drawls, "So... you're the Russian?" A blindingly stupid question, of course, but suitable for introductions to an unknown factor.

Ilyushkin looked down at the man who asked him the silly question. He looked far too comfortable and pretty to have ever done honest work, to have ever gotten his hands dirty in fertile soil.

"I am," he replied, "Sergeant Feodor Ilyushkin - codenamed Red Bear - reporting as ordered by the People's Army. You look to be one of the aristocracy of this island, if I am not mistaken."

OOC: I just realized the wondrful roleplaying opportunities Feodor and Lucian have to work with. ;) Be assured, Dirigible, all such comments are completely in character and nothing more. :)

Dirigible

Explorer
Oh, marvelous Lucian thinks, A bolshe. It's an effort of will not to curl his lip in disgust. Now, now, we must be civil....

"Quite right, my good fellow." National habit takes over, and Lucian finds himself speaking loudly and s-l-o-w-l-y to the foreigner. "And you must be one of the farmers of your... large country. Liuetenant Lucian DeVries Featherstone-Haugh the Fourth, at your service." He gives a casual half-salute. "Though I expect you can call me the Marksman. It's what they put on all the posters," he adds, half under his breath. "Formerly of His Majesties Tenth Armed Scouts, now assigned to this delightful 'special unit'".

OOC:
I just realized the wonderful roleplaying opportunities Feodor and Lucian have to work with. Be assured, Dirigible, all such comments are completely in character and nothing more.

Oh, of course, and likewise. Now clean my boots, you filthy pleb :D.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
"I presume by your codename," Feodor replied in clear English, "that your talent is in ranged combat. Being so observant, I'm sure you've deduced my abilities are more... personal in nature."

Not only does he look pretty, the large Russian thought, but he smells too clean to be a proper soldier, too.

OOC: Another contrast! Ranged expert and brawler. :p I can tell Red Bear and the Marksmen will be the best of friends. ;)

Zhure

First Post
Yellow Sign said:
"...He wanted to ask you if you would be interested in representing the U.S. on this team."

Nick offers a solid handshake to the new man. "I'd be delighted to represent my country, Mr. Holmes, just show me where to sign up!

"I can't tell you how rough it's been on me to have to sit on the side-lines this long, I'm champing at the bit to get in there and give old Uncle Adolph what-for."

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Darth Ecks said:
"Righto, mate. 'e's always orderin' me to leave my blokes in combat. Make me proud, mates." And with that, Captain Dundee was off to the truck. "Let's shoot through. Wouldn't want to keep the man hangin' around."

Bushwacker and the Lieutenant make a dash to a waiting truck and they speed off to a airfield. Waiting is a Mosquito bomber already to go. Captain Dundee throws his haversack into the plane and climbs in. Later you are saddened to hear that Singapore fell to the Japenese just a few days after you left. For the next five days, Dundee is flow to Australia, Hawaii, California, and Washington DC with several stops in between. Captain Dundee sits in a Army Air Force base. After nearly five days of nonstop travelling, you feel dirty, hungry, and worn out. One of the American Army chaps told you that your next flight to London is not for 4 hours or so.

Just as you start thinking about finding some grub, a shower, and a place to sleep, a tall Yank in a suit and a Army Captain walks up to you. The civilian is carrying his coat and a suitcase. The officer says "Dr. Thimes, if you would wait here your flight to London will take off at 0730. The officer's mess is just next door if you wanted something to eat." With that the Captain leaves.

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Moses Buber stands looking at the normal-seeming farm, wondering what's going on....

OOC: I'm so confused. Been having computer problems. Who, what, where, when, and why am I?

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Mark Chance said:
Moses Buber stands looking at the normal-seeming farm, wondering what's going on....

OOC: I'm so confused. Been having computer problems. Who, what, where, when, and why am I?

Lieutenant Alexandre Moreau takes Mr. Buber inside the farm house and you are meet by a gentlemen who looks to be owner of the farm. He speaks to you in fluent french. "Mr. Buber, Lieutenant Moreau. It is so good to meet you. I am Mr. Baker. I hope your trip was a pleasent one? Well come with me and I will get you settled in." With that he leads you to a back bedroom of the house. He goes over to a lamp next to be and fiddles with some sort of switch. The bed then swings away to reveal a set of stairs going down. He leads you down the stairs to a heavy metal door. He knocks three times and after a few seconds the door opens to reveal a plushly decorated room. A attractive blonde female in uniform sits at a desk before you. Behind her stands at attention two hard looking soliders with rifles. Mr. Baker says. "Vivian, I have have two guests for you." The young women stands and greets you. "Mr. Buber, we have been expecting you. You must be tired after you trip. Your room is all ready for you. Would you like anything to eat?"

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Yellow Sign said:
An attractive blonde female in uniform sits at a desk before you. Behind her stands at attention two hard looking soliders with rifles. Mr. Baker says. "Vivian, I have have two guests for you." The young women stands and greets you. "Mr. Buber, we have been expecting you. You must be tired after you trip. Your room is all ready for you. Would you like anything to eat?"

Buber lets his eyes slide around the room, taking in the soldiers, the decor, before focusing on Vivian.

"Merci," he says with a nod. "Something light. Soup, perhaps, with a bit of bread and butter, and some coffee. Traveling always ruins my appetite."

Turning to Baker, Buber says, "There has been much mystery surrounding this whole affair. I know I am sent here for some reason, but not what that reason is. When am I to be briefed?"

Darth Ecks

First Post
Yellow Sign said:
Just as you start thinking about finding some grub, a shower, and a place to sleep, a tall Yank in a suit and a Army Captain walks up to you. The civilian is carrying his coat and a suitcase. The officer says "Dr. Thimes, if you would wait here your flight to London will take off at 0730. The officer's mess is just next door if you wanted something to eat." With that the Captain leaves.

"G'day, mate." Captain Dundee says to the man next to him. "Goin' to London, too, I see. Would you care to join me for some grub?"

Remove ads