• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Likes and Dislikes?

sgtscott658

First Post
Like 5E Great system and I am as well as the players are having an enjoyable time playing D&D.

Dislike, some things but those things can easily be doubt with.

Scott

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
This being my first version of D&D, I am enjoying pretty much all of it. I am easily able to update the 3.5 AP we are working through, and I have a great group of 6 guys who are having fun at the table.

Aw, that's cute. Really, i'm not being facetious. I think 5e is a great introduction to D&D. I'm sure am glad though that i've seen it since 1st edition, it's fun to see how it has changed.

Like: speed of play
Dislike: some monsters are dull

lud

Explorer
Changes from 4e to Next:

Like: Advantage mechanic is omnipresent instead of just associated with a few classes/power (Ex. Avenger)
Dislike: Monsters with spell lists instead of powers.

kerleth

Explorer
Like: Ease of making personalized and mechanically unique characters. Haven't ever seen this much awesome in a single DnD book before.
Dislike: The binding on my PHB is already coming apart. (This one actually pisses me off a lot). Also, lack of tables and info, such as "School and shorthand description of spells next to their name", "Monsters by Challenge Rating", etc.

r0gershrubber

First Post
Like: Ease of play and general rules emphasis on the things that matter.
Dislike: Lots of balance issues and poorly worded rules suggest a product that was thrown together in a rush.

Remove ads