List of All the Different Types of Elves

Phaoz

Explorer
Alzrius said:

It will be WotC-affiliated, yes, but I doubt that it will have the D&D logo on it. From what I understand, though I could be wrong, it will "just" be a WotC d20 product.

here is a copy of the warcraft cover notice the logo at the top

Attachments

• warcraftrpg.jpg
    warcraftrpg.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 221

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
BOZ said:
bumping for echohawk...

Now that's just mean. You know I'm not going to be able to resist... <grin>

The Ravenloft adventure The Shadow Rift gives the shadow elves (aka "the fey") the formal name "Arak" and gives stats for the following subtypes:

• Alven (small, winged elves)
  • Brag (wild-eyed craftsmen... um, I mean craftselves)
  • Fir (tinkers and engineers)
  • Muryan, aka "Dancing Men" (violent and aggressive warriors)
  • Portune (sobre and scholarly healers)
  • Powrie, aka "Redcaps" (evil and sinister assassins)
  • Shee (elves of Maeve's Seelie Court)
  • Sith (dark elves with a death fascination)
  • Teg (feral and wild)

Each subtype can also create "Changelings" or "Kin" by stealing the shadows of other people, but the resulting creatures are not really elves.

The only other elf-related entry I could find that hadn't already been listed was the "Elven Einherjah" from Dieties and Demigods (p199). I'm not sure if that is really a type of elf, but I guess it should be included for the sake of completeness.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
BOZ said:
echohawk, what's even worse is if you follow that link... ;)

Heh heh, I'm actually working from a (currently marginally larger) personal monster index that I started back in 1996 and have been updating again recently, with a view to eventually sharing it ;).

Filby

First Post
Thanks, Shade. :) Added the ghost elves to the list, as well as the elves of Faeriespace in the Spelljammer adventure 'Crystal Spheres'. There's also a unique race of drow from that system as well that's still evil but less aggressive, since Lolth isn't part of the equation. I'll add them later, when I can look up the name. Also the drow of Oerth's inner moon, Kule.

Also removed the Daemonfey, since they're apparently just a group of sun elf half-fiends and tieflings...

Remove ads