• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Living Pathfinder] Little Rock of Horrors

GlassEye

Adventurer
Round One!

As the 'army' moves up the stairs the tapping becomes louder and more staccato. It almost has a frenzied sound to it. Pari moves past two empty floors and as he is approaching the level with the exterior walkway, just one floor below the light itself, he sees the plant men waiting. They are much like Giocco described them but look like a melding of halfling and plant. Long hair grows from their heads like vines and the one at the top of the stairs jabs tentatively towards the gnome.

Pari can't yet see into the room still being too far down the stairs but he can see one creature at the top of the stairs blocking it with his spear and can hear others moving about in the room beyond.

OOC: Round One begins! Pari is up, everyone post actions, please.

[sblock=OOC]I hope the following is clear. As always, if you have any questions: Ask, please.

The stairs count as difficult terrain. The wall between the stairs and the room count as an obstacle in the hex at the top of the stairs. Hexes further down the stairs also count as an obstacle and will require a skill check of some sort to pass. You can, of course, navigate the stairs however you wish.

The 'jab' isn't an attack per se, more posturing at the moment.

I'll get a map up as soon as I am able.

Marching order: Pari, Tagaiwi, Garnet, Mariah?, Heinrich?, Giocco. Not sure about Mariah and Heinrich's order.

It's been well over a week since vl.arundur posted for Ashleigh so I'm putting her at the back of the party and not rolling initiative for her. If VLA returns he can jump in but at this point I'm not waiting for him.

Initiative order/Current hit points
Code:
[U]Character         AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Vegepygmies       ??   ?   longspear/none
Pari              17  [color=yellow]17[/color]   scythe/none
Tagaiwi           14  17   ----/none 
Mariah            15   8   bow/none
Garnet            19  12   waraxe & shield/none
Heinrich          [color=lightblue]16[/color]   6   dagger/none [color=lightblue][[i]Shield[/i]][/color]
Ashleigh          16   [color=yellow]5[/color]   none/none
[/sblock]

Attachments

• LightHouseRnd1.jpg
    LightHouseRnd1.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc:
ok, fire jet: what kind of modifiers would incurred to the dc to hit this veggie person with it? I am shooting it past every one, and up the curved stairs.

[sblock=fire jet info]
Attack: Auto hit
Damage: 1d6+1(fire),
Special: Reflex save for 1/2 dmg (DC 14) or catch fire
and take additional 1d6(fire) dmg (see below)
Range: 20' line[/sblock]

by the looks of it, the range is the most limiting one.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
That is what I was afraid of. I guess I am also curious to know if the curvature of the lighthouse stairs would be any kind of a difficulty.

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Yes, curvature of the stair will certainly affect your capability to use Fire Jet. Heinrich (either M11 or L12) couldn't use it effectively from his current position and would toast some of his companions in the process if he tried.

Also, in case you missed it, Pari is up.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Round One continues...

The plant men resemble halflings except their skin has the soft, dead white look of mushrooms and their hair is a tangled mass of vines. Three of the four visible wear armor with thorny vines woven through and around it and carry small but vicious looking longspears.

When Pari moves a couple of steps up the stair, the plant man [1] at the top of the stairs jabs down into the stairwell at him but misses. Pari sees a second plant man waiting just off to the left. When Pari gets within the second one’s sight it throws a tangled mass of vines at him which explodes around him in a fury of whipping vines. The sticky vines wrap around the unlucky gnome holding him to the floor and preventing his movement.

A third creature, blocked from view by virtue of standing far enough back from the stair that he couldn’t be seen, dashes forward and thrusts down into the stairwell at the big cat behind Pari. The spear thuds home in the tiger's heavily muscled shoulder.

A fourth of these creatures steps out from behind the one at the top of the stairs. A small stone engulfed in green flames circles the things head. It taps an intricate pattern of beats upon the wall before thrusting his arm out towards Pari. Something seems to move beneath his skin until a large thorn erupts from his flesh to fly to the pinned gnome striking and piercing him.

Round One continues. Need actions for the party.

[sblock=Pari’s Knowledge Check]Pari knows these plant men as Vegepygmies. They are formed from a fungus and the corpse of its victim and are usually quite savage but these particular Vegepygmies have exceptionally fine gear. The fungus only forms on rare specimens and these don’t appear to carry it. In addition, vegepygmies are highly resistant to piercing attacks.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]The first two Vegepygmies take readied actions when Pari gets within their view/range. After Pari moves on up the second two vegepygmies take their readied actions. Pari is glued in place and cannot complete the actions as described in your post, Mowgli.

The stairs count as difficult terrain. The wall between the stairs and the room count as an obstacle in the hex at the top of the stairs. Hexes further down the stairs also count as an obstacle and will require a skill check of some sort to pass. You can, of course, navigate the stairs however you wish.

Marching order: Pari, Tagaiwi, Garnet, Mariah?, Heinrich?, Giocco. Not sure about Mariah and Heinrich's order.

Initiative order/Current hit points
Code:
[U]Character         AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Vegepygmy 1       18   5   longspear/none
Vegepygmy 2       18   5   longspear/none
Vegepygmy 3       18   5   longspear/none 
Vegepygmy S       17   4   ----/none 
Pari              [color=#BBFF88]15[/color]  [color=yellow]12[/color]   scythe/[color=#BBFF88]entangled & glued[/color]
Tagaiwi           14  [color=yellow]11[/color]   ----/none 
Mariah            15   8   bow/none
Garnet            19  12   waraxe & shield/none
Heinrich          [color=lightblue]16[/color]   6   dagger/none [color=lightblue][[i]Shield[/i]][/color]
Ashleigh          16   [color=yellow]5[/color]   none/none
[/sblock]

Attachments

• LightHouse1_1.jpg
    LightHouse1_1.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Lord_camulus

First Post
mariah will move out into the room as soon as she has a chance to without taking an attack of op. or she will cast Guidance upon herself.

OOC: are we doing this stuff every 24 hours or every 6 now cause if we are doing it every 6 I'm good for that

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Right now Mariah, and everyone really, has to deal with the difficult terrain of the steep stairs. Normally Mariah would be able to move past her companions (if she wanted to) but with Tagaiwi and Garnet in front of her she is unfortunately unable to proceed up the stairs until someone ahead of her moves.

If I'm able I'll post whenever I get either everyone's action or the next person in the initiative orders action. That will be a maximum of 24 hours but could be a lot less if we don't need to wait on someone.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads