• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Living Pathfinder] Little Rock of Horrors

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=GlassEye]Where did the body end it's move when it shambled after Pari? Makes a difference in the placement of his summoned dog.

Also, I'd like to apply the 'Celestial' template to the dog - this would not raise it's CR and it looks as though it's permissible, but I'm new to the summoning game. Is this allowed?[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
[sblock=Mowgli]You cannot Summon Celestial versions of animals with Summon Nature's Ally. If you look at Summon Monster you will see it specifically calls out that creatures have the fiendish or celestial template. Summon Nature's Ally offers typically better, and generally more varied, summons than its counterpart and certainly needs no further boosts.

Its also a flavor difference SNA is summoning an animal a natural creature while SM is summoning an outsider.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc: for posterity, I am post one more action, just in case the round is hung up on me.

watching the heqd dodge the majority of the flame, he tries one mor time, along with a curse, "blast it zum Glück!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Mowgli]You cannot Summon Celestial versions of animals with Summon Nature's Ally. If you look at Summon Monster you will see it specifically calls out that creatures have the fiendish or celestial template. Summon Nature's Ally offers typically better, and generally more varied, summons than its counterpart and certainly needs no further boosts.

Its also a flavor difference SNA is summoning an animal a natural creature while SM is summoning an outsider.[/sblock]

[sblock=Judge AF]Thanks, AF! I was looking at SNA and didn't see anything forbidding it, but didn't think to look at SM to see if it was specifically allowed there.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: Yep. What AF said. (Thanks, AF). And updated map posted.

Attachments

• LightHouse2_3.jpg
    LightHouse2_3.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 78

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Seeing the grotesque body in hot pursuit, Pari quickly wraps up his summoning. A small dog appears behind the shambling corpse, immediately trying to hamstring the thing as Pari goes to work with his scythe.

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Dog appears in I6.
Pari attacks (1d20+4=23) for (1d6=6) damage.
Dog attacks (1d20+4=20) for (1d4+1=2) damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dog]
Dog CR 1/3

XP 135
N Small animal
Init +1; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8
DEFENSE

AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+1 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 6 (1d8+2)
Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1
OFFENSE

Speed 40 ft.
Melee bite +2 (1d4+1)
STATISTICS

Str 13, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 11 (15 vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Acrobatics +1 (+9 jumping), Perception +8, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking); Racial Modifiers +4 Acrobatics when jumping, +4 Survival when tracking by scent[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Round Three

Pari and the summoned hound savage the corpse of the lighthouse keeper but it continues its attack. It throws a fist at the small druid with the weight of its dead body behind the punch but in its clumsiness it doesn't even connect.

The head swoops on Garnet with flashing teeth and takes another nibble. Barely a moment later Heinrich again lays down a line of fire and burns the head. It bursts into flame!

OOC: Continuing Round Three. Garnet is up, followed by Mariah & Pari.
[sblock=Combat Stats]
Initiative Order/Current hit points
Code:
[U]Character         AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Pari              17   [color=orange]8[/color]   scythe/none
Tagaiwi           14   [color=orange]6[/color]   ----/unable to get into the fight 
Lanterna Sr Head  15  [color=yellow]11[/color]   ----/none
Lanterna Sr Body  12   [color=red]3[/color]   ----/none
Heinrich          12   6   crossbow/none 
Garnet            19   [color=orange]6[/color]   waraxe & shield/none
Mariah            15   8   bow/none
Ashleigh          16   [color=yellow]5[/color]   none/none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Not sure how much time I'll have to post later today, so just in case I'll put a couple of contingency actions here.

If the body is still alive when Pari's up he'll attack it - his damage should kill it (again) I think. Assuming the dog can reach the head (I don't know how low it's flying, but if it's coming in low enough to hit Garnett the dog should be able to reach it) the dog will attack the head.

If Mariah attacks and kills the body, Pari will move to J6 to set up the flank with Garnett and attack the head instead.[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Pari attacks (1d20+2=20) for (1d6=3) damage.
Dog attacks (1d20+2=15) for (1d4+1=4) damage.[/sblock]

Lord_camulus

First Post
Taking aim once more at the floating cranium in the room. Curses exiting her mouth in the infernal language. If words were physical hers would be as sharp as the tips of her arrows.

Remove ads