• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Superheroes World (Come join the fun and the debate)

Velmont

First Post
Phoenix said:
Really, all it comes down to is that the world really does need a generic enough feel to be able to adapt to all different kinds of origins. The Alien source (in the Millenium Comet overview) can simply mean that Alien lifeforms are interested in the comet too, and experiment with humans in relation to the comet's effect. Or something along those lines...

It is not a good idea to try to match all source for the world. Whatever we decide, there will be concept that will hardly match with the world. At the same time, even with only one source, there is a lot of concept avalaible to satisfy almost everyone. Keep the world coherent.

I don't know a comic that have been popular who have a mishmash of things. Look Marvel, they have done great things, but each series stick to an idea: X-Men (Mutant), Spiderman (Totem character), Ultimates (Technology dependant heroes: cyberware, gadget, armor, serum...), Daredevil and Elecktra (Training), ect... It is rare that you will see a mix of all of them in one story, and generally, they are not the best they produce...

Kylara

First Post
Phoenix said:
Really, all it comes down to is that the world really does need a generic enough feel to be able to adapt to all different kinds of origins. The Alien source (in the Millenium Comet overview) can simply mean that Alien lifeforms are interested in the comet too, and experiment with humans in relation to the comet's effect. Or something along those lines...

No, not really, the world is being decided on by the poll its not going to be generic. Looking at the poll results holistically, We are looking at a standard PL 10 Character Creation, with most power sources ok, but there will be restrictions on some types of power sources. It will most likely be set in a world that recently diverged from our own due to some Catalytic event.

I don't think that that is very generic. As long as the poll results continue along the current trend, the things that would need to be hammered down before we can get started on anything else is what type of Catalytic event will occur, and signs are already pointing to a comet since that is a recurring theme in people's posts.

Corvus Coronoides

First Post
Kylara said:
I don't think that that is very generic. As long as the poll results continue along the current trend, the things that would need to be hammered down before we can get started on anything else is what type of Catalytic event will occur, and signs are already pointing to a comet since that is a recurring theme in people's posts.

Comet is an easy one, and has been a staple of gaming for a while - both Shadowrun and AD&D2e did Comet supplements.

Another example of an "Event" would be the coming of the Mayan "Sixth World" - any Shadowrun fan will be familiar with the term. It's only six years away - I dont think thats too far into the future to set the game, and would allow for a moderate increase in technology to allow for Iron Man/Ant Man/other Technology based characters.

Just throwing out an idea

-Chris

d'Anconia

Explorer
Count me in

I've been looking for a supers game for a while

A) Begining Character power (Pick one, or list in order of Preference)
2) Near Average (PL8-12)

B) Character Origin
1) Limited Scope (Restricted to a few options)

C) Setting Origin
1) RL with Reciently catylicit/divergant event (the Millenium commet)
3) RL Returning catylicit/divergant events (The return of the Millenium Commet)

D) I am... (Choose all that are appropriate)
1) Definately interested in Playing

Kylara

First Post
:D 20

Beginning character level:
Standard (PL 10) 50%
Near Average (8-12) 40%
New/Low(8) 5%
other(explain) 5%

Character Power Source
Nearly unlimted(few limitiations) 50%
One Specific Origin 25%
Limited Scope 15%
other(explain) 10%

World Setting
RL with Divergent Event 40%
RL Returning Divergent Event 20%
RL Plus Super-heros 15%
Other(explain) 15%
Completely Created 5%
Not RL, Divergent event 5%

Bront

The man with the probe
Looks like we won't be getting a new forum, just a new thread catagory for the moment.

Any of the mods care to make a Living M&M thread title (Till we can come up with a better name for the world)?

I'm pondering the best way to determine the judges, which needs to be the first start. Judges would be the ones who approve adventures, new campaign idea proposals, as well as watch threads to settle potential disputes and aid the GM. Not every judge needs to be a judge in all forms (We only need 1 character approval judge for example), but I think 5 is a good number for adventure and proposal approval, as well as adventure monitoring.

I'm willing to judge in any aspect. Character approval is probably not for me at the moment, but the other aspects are all things I'm willing to volunteer for.

Any suggestions on how to appoint judges?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads