• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Superheroes World (Come join the fun and the debate)

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
Actually, in the beginning, 1 character judge is enough. It's when things start to get momentum that a second character judge is needed (speaking as someone who has seen the deluge of mails that a character judge has to deal with at times).

I'd put my mark at 20, maybe 25 votes, to allow for the inevitable dropouts on all three fronts (player, DM, judge). Judging by the response so far, those should be coming shortly.

I agree, from what I know, Alien is by far the hardest to justify with the currently preferred setup, with only a few rare possibilities. Disallowing it, at least for the start, may be good.

Kylara, what power sources are used as examples in M&M?
How many general judges do we need? (Approval Judges, Adventure Judges, ect)

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
For what it is worth, I do have 2.0 on order at my local comic/gaming store. So I will be up to date.

Or at least have the ability to be up to date.

I am training in a new aspect of my job that is actually pretty intense at times. However, not too many things in life can keep me from wanting to be a superhero!

And I will play within whatever limits are set. I am fine with no aliens for now.

Bront

The man with the probe
Kylara, didn't get a chance to respond to what you said, but it is a good idea, and I'm sure it can work out if you put in some thought.

As for the books, I'm thinking this may take a month or so to get off the ground enough to were we're ready for players to start an adventure, so you've probably got some time.

Corvus Coronoides

First Post
A) Begining Character power (Pick one, or list in order of Preference)
2) Near Average (PL8-12)
3) Standard (PL10 exactly)

B) Character Origin
1) Limited Scope (Restricted to a few options)
2) Nearly Unlimited (Restricted very little if any)

C) Setting Origin
1) RL with Reciently catylicit/divergant event (the Millenium commet)

D) I am... (Choose all that are appropriate)
1) Definately interested in Playing
6) Interested in helping organizing things.

I'd love to help out - I've been GM'ing M&M for a few years now, and already have M&M2e on order from Amazon.com, but since this is my first post ever on ENWorld, and I have no idea as to how these games work other than what I've read on the other forums, I'll hang back for now.

Ragarding origins and stuff, I've been reading comics from all of the major companies for many years. Single Origin, Multiple origins, doesn't make much difference to me. Just keep in mind - Wild Cards is probably one of the most well-known examples of a "Single Origin" setting (The Wild Card Virus, or Xenovirus Takis-A), and some of the most interesting characters didn't fit this origin (Yeoman was not infected by the Wild Card Virus, Dr. Tachyon was an alien, and Blaize (sp?) was an Alien-Human hybrid. Jubal was also an alien, albeit of a different race)

Looking forward to playing (I usually GM with my gaming group, so this will be a nice change)

-Chris

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Tonguez said:
Catalyst Event = Mutant, (including Psionic/Psychic mutants

1. Mutant geniuses create:
Superscience - Biological, Technology

2. Some latent mutants are able to focus their abilities using ancient practices of
Mysticism - Chi, Mystic, Magic, Preternatural

3. and there are still a few heroes whose ability is
Natural - Skill, Training

and then the Aliens turn up?

Forget about Alien and Mysticism, and I think it leav a good variety and with that we will be able to create a coherant world with some felxibility. I still have difficulty about magic related power appeance... doesn't seem to fit.

Last edited:

Kylara

First Post
So far, this is what we are shaping up to (I didn't list willing to play), these are what people have shown interest in doing, not neccessarily who will actually be doing what.

Judging
Kylara
Logics Fate
Keia
Bront
Dirigible
Phoenix

Organizing
Kylara
Logics Fate
Keia
Bront
Dirigible
Corvus Coroniods
Phoenix

GMING
Keia
Velmont
Dirigible
Phoenix

Last edited:

Phoenix

First Post
Kylara said:
So far, this is what we are shaping up to (I didn't list willing to play), these are what people have shown interest in doing, not neccessarily who will actually be doing what.

Judging
Kylara
Logics Fate
Keia
Bront
Dirigible
Phoenix

Organizing
Kylara
Logics Fate
Keia
Bront
Dirigible
Corvus Coroniods

GMING
Keia
Velmont
Dirigible
Phoenix

Put me down for everything, I've got eight arms baby!

Knight Otu

First Post
Kraken said:
Put me down for everything, I've got eight arms baby!
I trust you already filled out the name-change formular? ;)

In 1E they are:
Alien
Mystical
Mutation
Psionics
Super Science
Training
In M&M 2.0 the sources are: Alien, Biological, Chi, Divine, Magic, Mystic, Mutant, Preternatural, Psionic, Psychic, Skill, Technology, Training.
Thanks. Alien does seem to be the one source to be quite problematic. Others might be problematic as well, but they should be workable, as far as I can tell.

Phoenix

First Post
Knight Otu said:
I trust you already filled out the name-change formular? ;)

Thanks. Alien does seem to be the one source to be quite problematic. Others might be problematic as well, but they should be workable, as far as I can tell.

Really, all it comes down to is that the world really does need a generic enough feel to be able to adapt to all different kinds of origins. The Alien source (in the Millenium Comet overview) can simply mean that Alien lifeforms are interested in the comet too, and experiment with humans in relation to the comet's effect. Or something along those lines...

Remove ads