Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Wow, you have a test? I'd love to know how that works. As for Bad form, I tend to agree but how far does it go.
Would you say... Consider going to a game that's come and gone and open up everything to find out what the heck was really going on?
I think it's not just okay but actually totally cool to have a curious player open them up after the fact, unless it's a living world AND the GM mentions that some stuff in the adventure needs to stay secret for a later adventure in the same series.

As to the test, I have it, but I don't want to expose it or it won't work any more if I use it again. I'd put it in an SBLOCK for you only, but...well...you can see why in this case, that would be pointless :lol: Send me an e-mail to my gmail, which is just rystilarden, and I'll tell you. It's pretty simple actually.

LogicsFate

First Post
Rystil only-
[sblock] Allright then best stop. :\

Love the sblocks though, minus cheaters you could do all kinds of dumb stuff under here.

Example-
I am the very model of a modern major general.
I've information vegetable animal and mineral.
I know the kings of England and can quote the fights historical.
From Marathon to Waterloo in order catagorical!
(words might be alittle off)

Kinda silly, on second thought, it feels weird knowing only the intended recipient and cheaters read all the work you put into it.[/sblock]

And for my more public questions.

Device!
I have a Device with Fade and a few different traits, lets say after a while I need on of the abilities I earlier drained. Can I rearrange the points left as long as I don't put more in a power that it originally had?

Can a Device give you Feats? i.e. evasion or Defensive roll.
or bonuses to your Attack/Defense?

Rystil Arden

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Rystil only-
[sblock] Allright then best stop. :\

Love the sblocks though, minus cheaters you could do all kinds of dumb stuff under here.

Example-
I am the very model of a modern major general.
I've information vegetable animal and mineral.
I know the kings of England and can quote the fights historical.
From Marathon to Waterloo in order catagorical!
(words might be alittle off)

Kinda silly, on second thought, it feels weird knowing only the intended recipient and cheaters read all the work you put into it.[/sblock]

And for my more public questions.

Device!
I have a Device with Fade and a few different traits, lets say after a while I need on of the abilities I earlier drained. Can I rearrange the points left as long as I don't put more in a power that it originally had?

Can a Device give you Feats? i.e. evasion or Defensive roll.
or bonuses to your Attack/Defense?
For the device--if your device is dynamic in the division of points, you should be able to rearrange the points when it fades. Otherwise, you never can regardless. Because the Judges voted in enhanced traits, you can most certainly stick anything into a device, including feats and real attack and defense bonus. Just remember--Devices are balanced by how easy they are to remove, and if you have the cheaper device and villains realise they can get rid of not only your best powers but also your attack and defense bonus by disarming the device (or deactivating it), you should expect it to be targeted a decent amount of the time.

Salix

First Post
Salix said:
This is something I try really hard not to do in the actual games I'm in. It takes osme of the fun out of it for me.

I try not to, but occasionally I do open some of them. I think it's human nature. One problem I have is that I get emails of the posts for some of the games I'm in . Those don't contain sblocks and other formatting, so I know what is said even if I didn't want to. Sblocks and private messages are designed to keep a little intrigue in the game. I'd like to think some of the players don't read the ones that aren't intended for them.

Salix

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
Salix, that new avatar pic -- is that Captain Sternn from the Heavy Metal flick?

It's Sternn. I couldn't get a good picture that was within the size limits, so I'll probably replace it in the near future. One of my favorite characters. :D

rgordona

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
We obviously have very different playing styles, then ;)

I figure it is just common courtesy to not read something that another player or the GM specifically tells me not to read.

Yep :>

I guess I consider it rude to hold whispered conversations at the table.

I figure it is just common courtesy to not read something that another player or the GM specifically tells me not to read. In some situations, it is tantamount to cheating (for a simple example, imagine a scenario where the adventure is to find the mole, and you know that one player is the mole. The GM writes SBLOCKs to each player, and all the SBLOCKs are filled with "Nothing here. Please respond with a blank SBLOCK" except for the one to the mole, which carries a correspondance)

If I knew in advance that was the game I would probably not read the Sblocks,

[sblock]But I would be very unlikely to try and pass that sort of message by sblock. And I might well avoid that game entirely.[sblock]

I guess I see the game as cooperative at two levels. The Heroes cooperate to defeat the bad guys. The players and GM cooperarte to create a fun game. For me secret conversations are non-fun: they lead to exclusion and suspicion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads