• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Velmont said:
What should be decided before everything start? I ask that because I feel the enthusiasm slowing down.
I'm posting up the needed character submition and adventure stuff up tonight/tomorow morning, and then we can start with character submitions. Still waiting on an e-mail responce from several people (You're one of them actualy) and I'll be putting up the info on submitting adventures.

Once we have that, people can start submitting character to the judges, as well as adventures.

Once we get a few characters submitted, we can start the HQ thread, and that should kick things off.

Velmont

First Post
Bront said:
When a character is ready to spend PP from successfully completing adventures, place a new post in this thread with a link to your character, stating what the update to the character is, and the character will be reapproved. Your post should be in the following matter:

That's not a good idea. Keep the character thread clean. If people want to spend PP should send an email to teh person responsible to that task.

One thing that could be done is:

Edit your character post and add:

[Name of adventure]: [ URL Post where PP was given] XX [ /URL ]

PP Spent:
Buy [Power] at rank X for X PP
Added [Extra/Power Feat] to [Power] at rank X for X PP
Raise [Power] from rank X to X for X PP
Buy off [Flaw/Drawback] for X PP

And by the way, I've reply your mail.

Kylara

First Post
Velmont, the initial post of the character thread is going to have a link to each approved character, all one has to do is click on the link and you will be taken directly to the character, so the amount of posts in the thread are completely irrelevant. By having it posted, its visible that it needs a quick reapproval, and any judge is capable of handling that, if its needed, like if the character judge is swamped.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kylara said:
Velmont, the initial post of the character thread is going to have a link to each approved character, all one has to do is click on the link and you will be taken directly to the character, so the amount of posts in the thread are completely irrelevant.
I would agree with Velmont that it’s going to get hideously ugly… I would make a separate thread for character maintenance but I went through a lot of hoops to get this forum made so maybe I just want to see it used as much as possible. (It does help to justify its existence.)

Velmont

First Post
I know, but still, have you taken a look at the character thread of LEW? 223 Post, which mean over 200 character submitted. Now, look at my first character. He leveled 4 times and recieve XP 9 times. The LEW thread would easily be two to three times more longuer if you have to post in it each time you leveled. I think if we want to plan in long term, and we don't want the thread to become a huge mess, we should keep thos emessage out of the record thread. It is working pretty well with LEW, why changing a winning solution?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I'm going with BS and Velmont on this one as well.

The LEW character thread is very clean and very well organizationed. The character updates are summarized on the character sheet at the bottom as well as references to where the points were gained and distributed.

There's no reason we can't do the same thing.

Keia

Bront

The man with the probe
I agree with Velmont, BS, and Keia (I didn't type up the initial character thread btw, It is a generic judge account after all...)

I think we should have a mission tracking thread where awards are listed for each mission by the GM (One post per GM, updated as needed).

Any changes as far as PP spent need to be approved, all you need is a link to the character sheet sent to the GM. Minor changes, like equipment, gear and other stuff, shouldn't need to be.

For ease of use, you can make an S-Block for tracking advancement, which I think is good for tracking how a character has progressed, as well as backtracking math issues.

Velmont

First Post
Bront said:
I agree with Velmont, BS, and Keia (I didn't type up the initial character thread btw, It is a generic judge account after all...)

Oops, Your last post create some confusion in my mind... :confused: seems I have the drawback: Weakness(Confusion) on my character sheat :p

Velmont

First Post
Kylara, if I can allow myself, I've taken a look at your character, and I have a few comments:

First, nice concept, I like it. Nice martial artist.

Two small modification I would suggest you to do to the character sheet (yeah, I had suggested a lot, but found that in most case, it was better not to follow them, except for: )

- Change XP for PP. First, XP is not even a term in M&M, and having the total of PP would be something more usefull to easily grasp the power of teh character.
- In the blockstats to the right of teh attributes, on the CHA line, you should add HP. Having a quick look at the maximum Hero Point the character have should be nice.

Now, I have difficulty with one thing, maybe there is something I havn't catch, so if you can explain me:

limited [must be using Super senses] (-1)
How is that a limit? Ok, you must have you super-sense on. And? Where is the problem to have your super-sense on? :confused: You can use them anytime you want, and you aren't even more sensilble to Dazzle when you have it. I don't see the hinderance or the limit of having your super-sense on and so, I don't see where you are hindered to use your attacking powers.

Edit
Also, you have put no descriptor next to your powers. You should add all your power Source and any other that would apply.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
I've put my PL8 character in the forum. I'm open to comments...

One thing, we havn't set it yet, but I've done some trade-off for attack/damage and defence/toughness. +4/-4 and +2/-2 respectively. I found it fine for that concept, but could be fun to know if we go case by case of if we set some rules (2 max, half PL max, no max, no trade-off).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads