• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Hey there everyone. Nice to see lots of new folks in the Ready Lounge. In fact, seeing so many waiting for an adventure has somewhat inspired me to possibly try running an adventure of my own. Having not played the system other than here online, I might not be great, but I should be able to craft a decent little story to have fun with. Not to mention being able to flesh out some character concepts I haven't finished due to not enough PP's (Hard to fit my ideas into a PL8 sidekick!).

So my first question is this, what PL would be appropriate or allowed for the main villain of an adventure? I assume I need a fully stated out villain to turn in with the other adventure info for approval?

Thanks for your help in advance. With some luck, I'll actually be able to put something together fairly soon.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
Hey there everyone. Nice to see lots of new folks in the Ready Lounge. In fact, seeing so many waiting for an adventure has somewhat inspired me to possibly try running an adventure of my own. Having not played the system other than here online, I might not be great, but I should be able to craft a decent little story to have fun with. Not to mention being able to flesh out some character concepts I haven't finished due to not enough PP's (Hard to fit my ideas into a PL8 sidekick!).

So my first question is this, what PL would be appropriate or allowed for the main villain of an adventure? I assume I need a fully stated out villain to turn in with the other adventure info for approval?

Thanks for your help in advance. With some luck, I'll actually be able to put something together fairly soon.
I don't think you need a fully statted villain. As far as I know, only one person even knows the name of my villain for ID, and no one knows any of the villain's powers. :]

That said, if you're uncomfortable with the system, then for you, making the villain for approval is not a bad idea.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I don't think you need a fully statted villain. As far as I know, only one person even knows the name of my villain for ID, and no one knows any of the villain's powers. :]

That said, if you're uncomfortable with the system, then for you, making the villain for approval is not a bad idea.

:confused: :eek: :\

Oooooookay. Well then. So people just run adventures with nebulously defined bad guys to mess with the heroes and advance the plotline?!?! That scares me for some reason. :uhoh:

hero4hire

Explorer
Phoenix8008 said:
:confused: :eek: :\

Oooooookay. Well then. So people just run adventures with nebulously defined bad guys to mess with the heroes and advance the plotline?!?! That scares me for some reason. :uhoh:

The system itself is well suited for ill-defined badguys. The whole use of GM Fiat to advance the plot is integral to the game IMO. As are Plot Devices.

But we do have a system of checks and balances. Each adventure has a GM and a Moderator Judging. An Adventure's Villian isnt going to do anything drastic (singlehandedly destroying Europe or somesuch) with out Mod approval.

Rystil Arden

First Post
hero4hire said:
The system itself is well suited for ill-defined badguys. The whole use of GM Fiat to advance the plot is integral to the game IMO. As are Plot Devices.

But we do have a system of checks and balances. Each adventure has a GM and a Moderator Judging. An Adventure's Villian isnt going to do anything drastic (singlehandedly destroying Europe or somesuch) with out Mod approval.
My villain could probably singlehandedly destroy Europe if left totally unchecked while obvious signs were occurring, but only if nobody did anything to stop it for a very long time :lol:

hero4hire

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
My villain could probably singlehandedly destroy Europe if left totally unchecked while obvious signs were occurring, but only if nobody did anything to stop it for a very long time :lol:

Right good adventures can and sometimes should have baddies that *can* do that.

I dont want anyone to think thier PCs *aren't* saving the world. But eventually "someone" will save it if the PCs goof that bad (or maybe the Mods decide for it to go BOOM! ;) )

rgordona

Explorer
This conversation reminded me of a question I have been meaing to ask for weeks.

Are there any guidelines on what a potential mission submision should look like? How much detail, should there be scene by scene ploting or just arc and some scripted events? etc.

(I have some nebulous ideas in mind although I doubt anything will come of them, certainly not in the short term.)

Velmont

First Post
The more details you give, the easier it will be for the judge to approve your adventure. There is no need to stats everything, but a brief descrption of a villain's skills and powers is always usefull, the main description of the scenes. That should be a good start and if the judges need more details, they will tell you...

Oh, and by teh way, I am a judge ;)

Velmont

First Post
modus666, please, don't post twice you character. If you have modification to do to Gauntlet, edit your post in teh character thread. After modification, you just need to post a mail to the characters judges to take a look at the modifications.

Shadowdragon

Explorer
I hope it's ok to ask this here: I'm interested in reading through the past adventures on this forum, but I have no idea where to start. Does anyone have a list of adventures, maybe listed in chronological order so I know which adventures I should read in which order? I'm mainly just looking for adventure ideas, but it would still be nice to read the adventures in order (plus it would probably be confusing reading the adventures out of order).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads