• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone

Adventurer
I managed to get my hands on a M&M 2nd edition book and after a day of hard work I managed to put together a character (you can see him in the character thread, suggestions are appreciated)

However, before I submit him, I'd like some advice. For the ones that bothered to read the character, what descriptors sound appropiate?. Also, what are the limits of the Morph power? Morphing into a bomb won't make me able to explode, or morphing into a bodybuilder won't raise your strenght (barring extras), but what about gross physical qualities? I mean, if you morph into a boat do you float? or if you morph into a mirror do you reflect light, etc?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Someone said:
I managed to get my hands on a M&M 2nd edition book and after a day of hard work I managed to put together a character (you can see him in the character thread, suggestions are appreciated)

However, before I submit him, I'd like some advice. For the ones that bothered to read the character, what descriptors sound appropiate?. Also, what are the limits of the Morph power? Morphing into a bomb won't make me able to explode, or morphing into a bodybuilder won't raise your strenght (barring extras), but what about gross physical qualities? I mean, if you morph into a boat do you float? or if you morph into a mirror do you reflect light, etc?
I would say in general yes, but not if the gross physical quality should be represented by an expensive power (i.e. the mirror would reflect light but wouldn't automatically reflect enemy attacks with the Light descriptor, for instance).

hero4hire

Explorer
Someone said:
Also, what are the limits of the Morph power? Morphing into a bomb won't make me able to explode, or morphing into a bodybuilder won't raise your strenght (barring extras), but what about gross physical qualities? I mean, if you morph into a boat do you float? or if you morph into a mirror do you reflect light, etc?

your new form is merely a cosmetic change.

This means you do not actually become wood or steel or whatever you are turning into you are just gaining its appearence. Your body will remain the same composition it was before you morphed. (morph into driftwood you retain the same bouyancy as you had before you morphed)

However if that appearence has physical properties based on appearence you will gain those properties. Turn into a mirror, people can see thier reflection. Turn into a rain barrel you can hold water. No actual powers will be gained, but minor cosmetic bonuses can be gained from the shape alone.

Rystil Arden

First Post
hero4hire said:

This means you do not actually become wood or steel or whatever you are turning into you are just gaining its appearence. Your body will remain the same composition it was before you morphed. (morph into driftwood you retain the same bouyancy as you had before you morphed)

However if that appearence has physical properties based on appearence you will gain those properties. Turn into a mirror, people can see thier reflection. Turn into a rain barrel you can hold water. No actual powers will be gained, but minor cosmetic bonuses can be gained from the shape alone.
Exactly--reflecting light==people can see their reflections.

Salix

First Post
Someone said:

I like having a Stretch Armstrong character in the fold.

VioletSamurai

First Post
@Someone: Your character is wicked cool. Kinda like The Engineer from The Authority, if she replaced her whole body with nanobots instead of just her blood. Every team can use a character with such a versatile set of powers and descriptors.

Since his nanobots are self-replicating, I'm guessing the loss of a few here and there won't hurt him. So you might want to add a Precise and Subtle Create Object to one of his arrays. Then he'd be even more ridiculously useful.

Someone

Adventurer
hero4hire said:

That was exactly what I had in mind, so no problem.

@Someone: Your character is wicked cool. Kinda like The Engineer from The Authority, if she replaced her whole body with nanobots instead of just her blood. Every team can use a character with such a versatile set of powers and descriptors.

Since his nanobots are self-replicating, I'm guessing the loss of a few here and there won't hurt him. So you might want to add a Precise and Subtle Create Object to one of his arrays. Then he'd be even more ridiculously useful

Thanks. I'll think on that - I think it fits as an alternate of Regeneration, though the points are already stretched to the limit. To be sincere, half of the powers in the book fit, so I had to make some difficult decisions about what to take and what not.

Asmor

First Post
Couple questions...

1: Are there any rules for retiring characters? I'm not really happy with my first character Zenji and would like to replace him after this mission. Even worse, he's my PL 10! :/

2: Like some suggestions on a few ideas I've got for new characters...

Phoenix: Literally, a phoenix (maybe the phoenix?). Usually takes the form of a comely middle-eastern woman, her true form is a flaming bird. Fire-based powers, as you'd expect... In addition, even when in her human form, the temperature around her gets noticably warmer and her skin is hot to the touch. Resurrection powers, of course.

Swarm: An Irish scientist who accidentally infected herself with nanites. They allow her to change her appearance, increase her physical attributes, heal her, interface with electronics, etc. Not so hot on this character since Someone just made a nanite-based character.

Transforming motorcycle dude: Need to come up with a name for him. Basically a guy with a motorcycle that turns into a battlesuit. Probably just a white guy, maybe modeled after Zero Cool from Hackers.

Ghost: Maurice LeBlanc, bald black man, medium build, fatigues. Ex-military. Has power to turn himself and things he touches insubstantial. Possibly a sniper. I picture him in a car chase, and he decides to take a short-cut through a building... Fun!

Which of those do you think would be the most generally useful?

Velmont

First Post
Asmor said:
Couple questions...

1: Are there any rules for retiring characters? I'm not really happy with my first character Zenji and would like to replace him after this mission. Even worse, he's my PL 10! :/

I don't remember we had voted on one. I'll take a look on all teh threads and see if we have something, but you can always do a proposal. Personally, I think something like keeping half the gain PP for your new characater would make sense. The new character should have the same base starting PL... that's just an idea, we will need to speak about ti if we didn't have decided it yet.

Asmor said:
Which of those do you think would be the most generally useful?

The 1000$ question and the answer is: it may vary :p All depend on the team you'll end in a mission, and as in each mission, the team will vary, and teh nature of teh mission vary too, he might get extra usefull in one mission and end half useless in another. So, the big question is: Which of these concept you thikn you'll have much more fun?

hero4hire

Explorer
Asmor said:
Couple questions...

I dont really see a problem with retiring a character. The rule is you can have only one active PL 10 and one active PL 8.

Now if you wanted to transfer earned XP that should probably be put up on a proposal. But no one should be forced to play a character they dont want to anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads