• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
I'll be gone for teh week-end, most likely I'll take a look at all that next week. Anyway, my girlfriend will be in Florida, I should have more time for myself ot look at that :p

hero4hire

Explorer
Stormwind said:
Scout nods to the others as they head into the conference room. She simply sits at the table ... waiting ...

[sblock=Raylis & Velmont]I would be really interested in joining the upcoming mission (The Tokyo Problem), but unfortunately Scout is still in the midst of the approval process (I'm waiting to hear back from h4h). If I understand correctly then she can't go on a mission until she is approved, however if it is possible to join the mission then she would love to (I'm not worried if I don't get any mission awards due to not being approved yet, but I also understand if it's not possible). Please let me know if she would be able to participate.[/sblock]

Hmmm. My outbox shows I sent out another e-mail to you on the 16th. There were a couple of issues still to go over.

I can summarize here.

Powers (63 pp)
Teleport 14 [Mutant](2 pp/rank base + 1 pp/rank + 7 pp = 48 pp) ... "Teleport self"
Extra: Action [Free] (+1/rank)
Power Feat: Change Direction (1)
Power Feat: Change Velocity (1)
Power Feat: Easy (1)
Power Feat: Innate (1)
Power Feat: Subtle (1)
Power Feat: Turnabout (1)
Alternate Power - Teleport 10 [Mutant](2 pp/rank base + 2 pp/rank + 7 pp = 45 pp, 1 pp net) ... "Reactive teleport"
Extra: Action [Reaction] (+2/rank)
Power Feat: Change Direction (1)
Power Feat: Change Velocity (1)
Alternate Power - Teleport 10 [Mutant](2 pp/rank base + 2 pp/rank + 8 pp = 48 pp, 1 pp net) ... "Teleport friends"
Extra: Affects Others (+1/rank)
Extra: Range [Perception] (+1/rank) Affects others Makes it have a range of touch, to bring it to Perception would be a +2 Extra.
Power Feat: Progression [Affects others x50] (5)
Alternate Power - Teleport 10 [Mutant](2 pp/rank base + 2 pp/rank + 8 pp = 48 pp, 1 pp net) ... "Teleport another ... against their will"
Extra: Affects Others (+1/rank)
Extra: Attack (+1/rank)
Extra: Range [Perception] (+1/rank) Likewise with this a +2 Extra
Flaw: Short range only (-1/rank) IIRC the Attack extra only teleports the target the effect’s normal, rather than extended, range, and at the GMs option he can allow a Full action to use Extended Range. Also being able to Teleport 10 baddies a 1000 feet in the air may be problematic to nightmarish.
Power Feat: Change direction (1)
Power Feat: Change velocity (1)
Power Feat: Progression [Affects others x10] (3)
Alternate Power - Power control 10 [Mutant](2 pp/rank base + 2 pp/rank + 8 pp = 48 pp, 1 pp net) ... "Control teleportation"
Extra: Action [Free] (+2/rank)
Extra: Affects Others (+1/rank) Doesnt this power do this by default? what effect are you trying to emulate?
Flaw: Limited [Teleportation] (-1/rank)
Power Feat: Progression [Affects others x50] (5)
What are you trying to emulate with these?

Stormwind

First Post
@hero4hire: I don't seem to have received your email from the 16th somehow, however thanks for posting the details here. I have made appropriate changes by making it take longer to teleport others to compensate for the fact that perception should be a +2 extra there. I removed the 'affects others' from the attack version so as to remove the potential problems with teleporting 10 baddies at once. Finally I removed the problematic details from the Control Power alternate, which would leave me with some 17 potential points to add in there but I couldn't figure out anything that fits conceptually to put in there so I've decided to leave it as it is.

Last edited:

D.Shaffer

First Post
Just checking to make sure, but I received a message saying I was approved, howeverI never showed up on the approved character list.

VioletSamurai

First Post
I've posted my new character in the Character Submission forum for judge review. I think you'll find it significantly less Mary Sue Munchkin than my previous attempt.

Bront

The man with the probe
D.Shaffer said:
Just checking to make sure, but I received a message saying I was approved, howeverI never showed up on the approved character list.
If you got the e-mail, you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads