• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Living Supers - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Approved Characters Updated

Up to 34 Resolutes ready for action!

Approved Characters List:
Aquaphibian PL 10 (150 PP)
Body & Spirit PL 10(150 PP)
Carrion PL 10(150 PP)
Circe PL 10 (150 PP)
CPU PL 10(160 PP)
Echo PL 8 (120 PP)
Gauntlet PL 10 (150 PP)
Ghost PL 10 (150 PP)
Gremlin 10(150 PP)
Griff PL 10 (150 PP)
Gun Monkey PL 10(150 PP)
Handsome PL 8(120PP)
Highbrow PL 10(160 PP)
Hummingbird PL 10(150PP)
Ice PL 10(150PP)
Intrepid PL 10 (150 PP)
Kid Dinosaur PL 10(150PP)
Kunoichi PL 10(150 PP)
Million Mask PL 8 (120 PP)
Monkey Wrench PL 10 (150 PP)
Paladin PL 10(150 PP)
Pandora PL 8(120 PP)
Proto PL 10 (150 PP)
Psyren PL 8(120 PP)
Roughneck PL 8(120 PP)
Sergeant PL 8(120 PP)
Tarantula PL 10 (150 PP)
Thrash PL 8 (120 PP)
Titan PL 8(120 PP)
Toad PL 10(150 PP)
Twilight Gryphon PL 10 (150 PP)
Turret PL 10(150 PP)

Bront

The man with the probe
hero4hire said:
Anything over 50% PL for tradeoffs probably would not be approved unless it had very good rationale. (a la the martial artist archetype from corebook)

Tradeoffs are on a per attack or defense type basis, but are closely looked at for rules abuse and should have good rationales behind the tradeoffs.
Actualy, +5/-5 limits were voted on, approved, and should be in the rules somewhere.

I did the math, after +5/-5, it gets stupid, and it doesn't realy matter what the base is.

Bront

The man with the probe
hero4hire said:
No it isn't a House Rule. It is possible for a character to have a 15ATK/5DMG character to have one attack power that is 10ATK/10DMG.

As I said, Tradeoffs are on a Per Attack or Per Defense basis. Though there must be rationale behind the various trade-offs. Just because it is legal does not mean it will be approved.

This is an Official Rule as per Core Book as clarified by Steve Kenson here.
The other interpretation (whole character), was a misconception we made at LS earlier, so that may be much of the confusion.

Raylis

First Post
Awesome, I can start my mission after Salix gets back in January (since he volenteered to judge it).

hero4hire

Explorer
Bront said:
Actualy, +5/-5 limits were voted on, approved, and should be in the rules somewhere.

I did the math, after +5/-5, it gets stupid, and it doesn't realy matter what the base is.

I did check out the thread

but couldnt find any official outcome other then the one vote cast.

That being said I agree that limits should be there. Not knowing that there was a hard and fast limit, I definitely took good hard looks at tradeoffs when approving characters. Though I would have been hard pressed to turn down a newbie who simply wanted to play the "Martial Artist" archetype from the corebook. (who is +16 hit +4 dmg.)

I definitely agree 50% of PL is a good rule of thumb though.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Raylis said:
Awesome, I can start my mission after Salix gets back in January (since he volenteered to judge it).
You should be okay to start whenever you're ready. In actual play, it is rare that the judge is needed except when the GM vanishes, so if you don't plan on vanishing...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads