LMoP [ooc]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Vottrs' player is reasonably active so I would not want to replace him unless I absolutely have to.

I am reasonably certain I can work in (or out) whatever character needed so, If you want to bring your own, I would not have a issue with that.

I f Axel wants to take on Ivan now AND Perrin wants to bring in someone new a bit later, I'm okay with that as well.
Okay, that works fine for me. :)

A paladin would not be the same as a fighter, and it does provide a melee character should Vottrs’s player not return. I will get Castagyr Posted in the Rogue Gallery and come up with a more appropriate background within a day or two.

Since he is not in the game yet, I will not be reading the IC thread until he appears since he would not know any of those events.

mips42

Adventurer
Yes, south-southeast of Neverwinter.

Neurotic: I'll let you determine how to play this, The roll was an opposed Intimidate check and you failed.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
So, Leonan feels intimidated and fearful...hmmm...retreat (take the offer) or bluff?! that is the question :)

[MENTION=53915]GameDoc[/MENTION], [MENTION=82463]PierceSG[/MENTION], [MENTION=61026]tuxgeo[/MENTION], what do you guys think?
[MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], how does Yeemik react to Leonans suggestion? (as he reads it)

mips42

Adventurer
It's hard to tell. He definitely looks fearful of Klarg but, maybe also resentful. Your best guess is skeptical but with just a tinge of hope.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I think we need to get Vottr back up to fighting trim before we try to go any further with our exploration of Cragmaw. This is a good time to get out of there, and to go to the town to take a long rest, even though we haven't yet managed to free Vottr's uncle. Now that we know where Cragmaw is, we can come back when rested, and when we deem it advisable -- since we now know where it is.

We've already decreased their numbers in the amounts of four goblins at the ambush, two guards in front of the cave, three goblin dogs, and two of the four guards that were guarding Leonan. That's eleven NPCs down, while we really haven't lost anybody (except through the exit of players from the game). Eddicus is at 5 HP, Vottr at 0, and I think it's time to lick our wounds and be thankful we have the chance to try again later.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Just arguing the other side:
On the other hand, taking a risk now, hoping that goblins will stay out of it or even help, we may be done sooner. And they will not have a chance to prepare traps and move the prisoner...I'll wait another day for the comments and then decide...they might take our withdrawal as a sign of weakness (and we might deflate yeemik hopes) and thus attack immediately.

Don't forget I used non-lethal damage so some of the goblins will recover in time. I think only Vottr truly killed one. And all the dogs, of course. And the rest of the tribe might arrive...maybe if Eddicus does some healing while we talk...

Also, Ivan might reactivate and shoot some his encounter powers thus changing the balance - this depends on our DM and new player...

Last edited:

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus cannot do any healing while we talk. He has used all of his spell slots until he completes a long rest.
He is also at 5 HP instead of full HP, and for the same reason: the party did not get a chance to complete a long rest since starting this adventure, because they tried to rest inside the goblins' lair, but got their rest interrupted by the arrival of Leonan and his guards.

Edit to add: If Eddicus had had any unused spell slots left, he would have cast "Cure Wounds" instead of "Spare the Dying" on Vottr: each of those two spells takes an action, but "Spare the Dying" doesn't require a spell slot.

Edit-Edit: Eddicus does carry a healer's kit with him. However, he was built using the free Basic Rules, so he does not have the "Healer" feat, which would be needed to allow him to bring Vottr back to consciousness with a use of the kit.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
BTW Axel, just in case my fingers did not do a great job of translating for my brain, you are welcome to bring in your own character as well.

Remove ads