LN vs. N: Lawful Neutral Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
Kelem ignores the mutterings of the crowd and tries to drive the beast out of the arena (fear).

If that does not work, he will try two more times before using inflict light wounds again. Then try fear three more times before using inflict light wounds again. Repeat as long as the beast is below him.

Gansk

Explorer
Round 622: Rex is shaken.

Round 623: Rex is shaken.

Round 624: Rex runs.

Next for N in round 624 is a storm drake. (Draconomicon) We'll need to switch sides.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Infiniti2000 said:
"Boo!"

"Hiss!"

This from the general of the slaad who threw around lightning bolts ad infinitum.

Changing sides is no problem. I have not had enough dragons to run lately anyway. ;)

A gargantuan dragon with silver translucent wings and a dark grey, pearlescent scales flies (Rats! It flies.) ponderously into the arena to 50N50E50Z and breathes a tornado-strength wind at Kelem. Kelem has poor saves (rolled 26 Fort save (+7 modifier ?!). Kelem is blown back out of the arena. :(

Those with Draconomicon, what is your opinion as to what happens? It is not clear if it is really a tornado that is being breathed out, or if it is just as strong as a tornado. As much as I hate to admit it, I believe the latter, which means Kelem is out of the arena.

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
Well, it says tornado-strength winds, not a tornado so I agree with you that Kelem would be blown away 2d6x10 feet. A 60ft cone-shaped actual tornado would be extremely weird. If it makes you feel better, though, this breath weapon is a whole new level of cheese because it's so much stronger in the BoAA. :)

PJSlavner

Explorer
Infiniti2000 said:
If it makes you feel better, though, this breath weapon is a whole new level of cheese because it's so much stronger in the BoAA. :)

Yeah, it would not be anywhere near as good in a real battle, although it does not make me feel any better.

OK. I will edit my previous post. Kelem is out of the arena. What's next, Gansk?

Gansk

Explorer
Next for LN is a windghost. (MM II)

If I'm still running it, it would like to make a knowledge check before entering the arena. Otherwise you and Infiniti can go at it.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Infiniti2000 said:
If you want to run your high-level LN guys, I can run the storm drake for you.

I am fine running Neutral. This way someone in the battle will be surprised by the other side's abilities.

The windghost knows nothing about its opponent other than what it has observed.

Does immunity to air effects mean it is immune to wind?

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: Gust of Wind is an Air spell, but Windbag will cast Antimagic Field just to be safe.

Round 624: A 24 foot long purplish gray cone, rippling with blue and violet light, flies to 0N5E5Z and concentrates. The base of the cone ends in a gaping, circular mouth, 8 feet across and lined with rows of teeth. Two 20 foot long tentacles dangle from its body and drag along the ground.

Stormy goes first in round 625.

Remove ads