Lobo's AU: Sunless Citadal Game

Pate Pot Pete

First Post
If we get your childeren back, do you know if you could get me back home or know someone who could get me back home. In any case I'll be glad to help out.

Barak

First Post
Ma-Barak

Of course, now that we are needed to deal with dra-mohj remains, politeness returns. Then again, it must be dealt with. What bothers me is that she probably wouldn't have spoken to me unless she needed something

"Very well, madam. We will, of course, require at least a general description of the two, as well as their rings. I, for one, will of course take your word as your bond, and will therefore require no coinage upfront. I cannot speak for my companions, although I'd like for them to do the same."

Ma-Barak then takes the time to think a little more, trying to figure out all of what he'll need.

"Oh. Obviously a map, even if crudely drawn, of the region would speed the process."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Lady Hucrele sags into her chair. Relief is evident on her face. "Thank you for undertaking this task."

"I don't actually pay attention to much that goes on here in Oakhurst, as much of our business takes place in the Free Cities of the South. The locals may know more of it."

She hesitates a bit. "There is another matter that my family have a vested interest in."

"There is a goblin tribe in the area around the ravine. Once or twice a year they visit Oakhurst and attempt to sell a single magical pomagranite. They are due to visit soon, in fact. If you can locate the source of this fruit, I will reward you handsomly."
She pauses and looks up again. "But this fruit plant is completely secondary to locating my children."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
She looks at Alfonso, "If any of my wagon teams or if any of my contacts have boats that pass by your hometown, I'd be more than happy to give you free passage if you were to do this for me. But we can talk about this later, can't we?"

Krug

Newshound
"What is so special about this..pomengranite?" Strahm searches his knowledge, trying to remember what it was. Was it some sort of fungi? "Is it exceptionally tasty? And why should we find the source of this tree? The goblins grow it; they can sell it."

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Lady Kerowyn Hucrele

"It confers certain benefical magical effects upon the eater. Rather like the average magical infusion commonly available for purchase in larger cities or from the odd Magister or Greenbond with one exception." She leans in closer to you. "This is a natually occuring occurance. My family is interested in reproducing its effects. Any insight you can shed as to how the goblins are producing it would be helpful."

"But as I stated earlier. Please find my children first. They are the most important thing."

OOC: It's a fleshy, excessivly seed-filled, very sweet fruit.

Last edited:

Barak

First Post
Ma-Barak

Ma-Barak frowns slightly, unnerved by the introduction of such a mercantile goal, even as secondary, next to the demand to rescue her children.

"While I will attempt to find your children, I warn you that I do not intend to even attempt to learn that "secret". By your own admission, those goblins live in peace, and I have no desire to upset their fragile economy by devaluating those fruits."

The giant smiles gently, attempting to take any possible sting out of his words.

"Now if we can have that map and those descriptions, the quicker we leave, the better."

(OOC: Diplomacy +7, in case she could get offended)

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Yossariad looks at Ma-Barak, also unnerved by the stuff about the pomegranite. All the same, the sibbecai says nothing, letting the giant do the talking.

Pate Pot Pete

First Post
Alfonso isn't too put off by the mercantile goal of getting the fruits, as he knows what profit margins can make people do. He says "When these goblins come to town, does anyone come with them, have you tried planting the fruits seeds, and is their anything different about these goblins than any other goblins?"

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Lady Kerowyn Hucrele

OOC: Some things, no matter how diplomatically they are phrased, will still cheese people off.

"Yes well, I rather suspected that you would be just as much help as the last two giants to come walking through my doors. And as typical, the Sibeccai won't think for himself while there's a giant around." she says derisivly.

She takes a deep breath to calm herself. "Never-the-less. If any of you can help me with obtaining the fruit tree or bush or whatever it is, I will reward you."

"I thank you for your help in locating my children sir giant. My scribe, Mr. Saveel, will have the appropriate map from my collection copied and delivered to you at the Old Boar Inn within the next two hours."

In response to Alfonso's question, "The goblins always come alone and armed. We've tried planting the seeds but the goblins keep stealing the saplings just before they mature. I sold some of the seeds to Master Bartus a few months ago. I believe he's planted them in front of the inn in the hopes that the goblins will mistake them for shrubberies."

Last edited:

Remove ads