Location of Swarm Template?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Shade said:
The golem swarm isn't unreasonable at all. It is essentially an army of stone toy soldiers. It has no energy immunities, and its deadliest ability lets it quickly dismantle nonmagical objects.

There's also a swarmshifter template in Libris Mortis that allows undead to take a swarm like form, if that helps.

Hey, idea for a creature: Spellstitched, Evolved Mummy Swarm Swarmshifter! :) Mmmm, mummy swarm.

[Ironically, I think I've used the Swarmshifter Template on more non-Undead than Undead... illegal, technically, but allowed for some interesting creatures thematically]

pawsplay

Hero
Shade said:
The golem swarm isn't unreasonable at all. It is essentially an army of stone toy soldiers. It has no energy immunities, and its deadliest ability lets it quickly dismantle nonmagical objects.

There's also a swarmshifter template in Libris Mortis that allows undead to take a swarm like form, if that helps.

Well, other than the fact that you have to bind an elemental to the thing.

shilsen

Adventurer
Dog Moon said:
Golem Swarm? That just sounds silly.
You think that's bad? I used a swarm of beholders on the PCs in my story hour not too long ago. They were a cloud of four-inch wide orbs with only the central eye, and an antimagic cone extending only 5 feet. With the volume of them, it was effectively an ambulatory Antimagic Field in the shape of a 20 ft cube.

Wouldn't have been that nasty if it wasn't for the mindflayer and half dozen other aberrations the PCs were fighting at the time :]

Treebore

First Post
I believe Erica's Swarm template is in ToH 2. (Tome of Horrors, Necromancer Games)

I know it is in one of the ToH's, anyways. I don't know how well it will work for golems and beholders, but it works really well for small/tiny creatures.

fafhrd

First Post
shilsen said:
I used a swarm of beholders on the PCs in my story hour not too long ago. They were a cloud of four-inch wide orbs with only the central eye, and an antimagic cone extending only 5 feet. With the volume of them, it was effectively an ambulatory Antimagic Field in the shape of a 20 ft cube.

How do you avoid having them negate each other's levitate effects? Were they moving in perfect synchronization?

Remove ads