Location of Swarm Template?

shilsen

Adventurer
fafhrd said:
How do you avoid having them negate each other's levitate effects? Were they moving in perfect synchronization?
Check the MM. Beholder flight is an Ex ability. Works fine in an antimagic field.

Dog Moon said:
Hrm, interesting. Do you have the swarmed beholders statted anywhere? Would like to see it. :)

Here's what I used. It's not completely detailed, since I tend to put down what I need:

Beholder swarm; tiny aberration; 6d8+6; 42 hp; Init +5; Spd 5 ft, fly 30 ft (good); AC 17 (+2 size, +5 Dex), touch 12, flatfooted 15; BAB/Grp +4/-; Attack Swarm 2d6; Space/Reach 10 ft/0 ft; F +3, R +7, W +7; Str 1, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 10

Listen +11, Spot +11 Ability Focus (distraction)

SA/SQ: Darkvision 60, half damage from slashing and piercing, distraction, antimagic field

Distraction: If beginning turn in swarm's square, DC 17 Fort save or nauseated for 1 rd; spellcasting or concentrating on spells takes Concentration check of DC 20 + spell level

Antimagic Field: The beholders in the swarm lacks eyestalks but have the antimagic gaze, but extending only till 5 ft. Due to the number of them in the swarm, there is a constant Antimagic Field extending 5 ft around the swarm (forms 20 ft cube of antimagic)

Remove ads