Lodoss War...

njorgard

First Post
Has anybody out there made convertions for some of the Lodoss War anime characters? I would have thought that this stuff would be one of the more popular 3e conversion targets...I guess I was wrong....

Akunin

First Post
http://www.meta-earth.com/lodoss/ has a conversion to the Fuzion system, and taking it from that system to d20 wouldn't be hard at all, considering that the original Lodoss RPG (from which the Manga, novels, and Anime series were derived) was developed by the creator looking for a system that was an alternative to D&D.

http://www.meta-earth.com/lodoss/lwrpg_05.html has the original RPGs stats for the various heroes, which will look very familiar to a D&D player! From there, it'd be a snap to give them some D&D levels, skills, and feats.

Hope this helps! I'm looking forward to news on a conversion!

Deedlit

First Post
Rogues gallery has Deedlit at 7th level.
I have also created stats for the Lodoss elf race(Which was after the start of HotW, so Deedlit's stats do not reflect those abilities, such as flight and a racial bouns to charisma.) I am wondering, is anyone interested in doing a webbook filled with rules for gaming in Lodoss?

njorgard

First Post
I am very interested...

I am very interested in contributing to such an effort Deedlit. I am in the middle of creating a conversion based on the stats presented for the Fuzion system. Is anybody interested in these?

njorgard

First Post
Initial Stats...

Well...

As promised, here is my initial conversion of the primary characters in the Lodoss War anime series. I have just grazed the surface here. There's still alot of work to be done. I am just throwing these stats out so that you folks can comment on them and rationalize any changes you think that should be made. The first set of stats tries to capture the characters as they first appear in the series. The second set of stats between parenthesis tries to capture the characters at the end of their run in the series (keep in mind that some of them die before the seires is over). I will be posting some more stats and expand on these as time permits.

Now...without further ado...

Heroes of Lodoss:

Parn – Human War2 (War2/Pal13)

STR : 14 (16)
DEX : 11 (13)
CON : 11 (12)
INT : 10 (12)
WIS : 13 (15)
CHA : 15 (16)

Deedlit – Elf Ftr2/Drd2 (Ftr4/Drd9)

STR : 12 (13)
DEX : 16 (16)
CON : 10 (11)
INT : 13 (14)
WIS : 14 (16)
CHA : 14 (15)

Slayn – Human Wiz4 (Wiz13)

STR : 8 (9)
DEX : 13 (14)
CON : 11 (12)
INT : 17 (18)
WIS : 15 (16)
CHA : 14 (14)

Ghim – Dwarf Ftr5 (Ftr10)

STR : 19 (19)
DEX : 12 (12)
CON : 12 (14)
INT : 11 (11)
WIS : 10 (12)
CHA : 11 (12)

Etoh – Human Clr3 (Clr16)

STR : 12 (14)
DEX : 14 (15)
CON : 9 (10)
INT : 15 (16)
WIS : 16 (17)
CHA : 17 (17)

Orson – Human Rgr2/Brb3 (Rgr4/Brb8)

STR : 14 (15)
DEX : 15 (16)
CON : 12 (14)
INT : 8 (10)
WIS : 13 (14)
CHA : 14 (14)

Shiris – Human Ftr2/Rgr2 (Ftr5/Rgr4/Nbl4)

STR : 15 (15)
INT : 11 (12)
WIS : 14 (15)
CHA : 15 (16)

njorgard

First Post
Ooops!!!

As I keep looking at the stats I just posted, I realize that Deedlit's Ftr levels should be substituted for Rgr levels to account for all that hiding in shadows/trees she does. I also think that the move quietly skill (which is a class skill for rangers) suits her. So here are the changes...

Deedlit – Elf Rgr2/Drd2 (Rgr5/Drd9)

STR : 12 (13)
INT : 13 (14)
WIS : 14 (16)
CHA : 14 (15)

Deedlit

First Post
Personally, I use the shaman class for Deedlit, and have her take nature-oriented skills. The elf magic is described that way in chronicles of the heroic knight.

Here is my version of Lodoss elves

As normal elves but
+2 charisma
+4 racial bonus to wilderness lore checks when in home forest, +2 in other forests.
+2 Racial bonus to animal empathy
-3 circumstance penalty to diplomacy, bluff, and gather information checks made to influence humanoid races other then high elves, half-elves, and meadow sprites.(-5 against drow, )
Levitate(SP):As per the spell, cast by an equal level sorcerer(Most elvish flight was done up and down, and I shouldn't be taking the word of Spark, a knight who probably can't tell them apart on something like this anyway.)
Blink(SP)A lodoss elf can disappear, and then reappear in a location not more then ten feet away as a standard action, provided it does not pass through any obstruction.
Not immune to sleep, like standard elves, nor do they recieve a search bonus racially, or the ability to search from passing within 5 feet of a secret door
Natural immortality. Lodoss elves after reaching age 110 stop growing, and never age or die of old age. Lodoss Half-elves live twice as long as humans.(I don't think anyone can argue against this)
Favored class:Shaman
If Wisdom is high enough, non-shamans can cast three 0-level shaman spells, and also get 1 first level shaman spell at 5th level.
ECL+2

Lodoss dark elves are as Lodoss high elves, only their penalty to diplomacy, bluff, and gather information is -5, they can only be in sunlight for 10 minutes while retaining sight, after which they must be away from it for three hours to recover, do not gain the animal empathy racial bonus, have darkvision 60 feet, and can use invisibility(SP) 2/day. Their ECL is +3

Last edited:

Akunin

First Post
In the original novels and RPG, the Elves didn't fly - Deedlit used a levitation spell quite frequently, paired with a high degree of agility.

Giving a +2 to an attribute (why Charisma? Elves in Lodoss are extremely rare, and those that are found in the novels are rude, arrogant, and distrustful of humans) plus unlimited flight amounts to a LOT more than +1 ECL. The flight you describe alone is probably worth at least +2 or +3 ECL by itself.

In the original RPG, Deedlit had a "Charisma" of 13. Compare that to Slayn (14), Shiris (15), Little Neese (15), Leaf (16), and ), Etoh (17).

It would be more accurate to give Lodoss Elves a penalty to CHA.

It should probably also be noted that Lodoss Dark Elves are not the same as D&D Drow - they are simply evil elves who are feared and hated by the good races, and have no other benefits or abilities.

Last edited:

Deedlit

First Post
My lodoss experience comes more from the tv series then anything else, which confirmed in one of the omakes that drow, at least, could fly. I forgot to put down the part that they can only use this in open spaces, and I forgot about the wind direction rules(A Lodoss elf can't fly against the wind.) The elves may be distrustful and mean to humans, but they still have a natural grace and beauty. I always figured the charisma thing was a mistake, considering the amount of Deedlit shrines on the internet(By comparison to shrines to those with higher charisma). Lodoss drow get invisibilty 2/day, and sunlight blindness(They did always travel at night, and attack only in dark places, and their settlement is called a dark island.) but are otherwise as normal elves.

Remove ads