• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lodoss War...

Anime Kidd

Explorer
Oops! I knew I forgot something in my post. Well, it was suppossed to mention that the penalty applies to all social actions only. :)

My Lodoss experience only comes from the original OAVs, information gathered from the net, and the Lodoss Fuzion rpg. I've never seen the manga, but would like to. :(

Akunin

First Post
Anime Kidd said:
My Lodoss experience only comes from the original OAVs, information gathered from the net, and the Lodoss Fuzion rpg. I've never seen the manga, but would like to. :(

If you're working from the Fuzion RPG, then you have the advantage of some of the original RPG material. The Fuzion project was a very faithful and accurate conversion of the original Japanese RPG books. A few years ago, there were a series of manga released here in the US that were based on some of the original Lodoss stories.

Your conversion on the High Elves looks very nice, but based on the original RPG (and Fuzion conversion)the Levitate and Blink abilities are a result of individual elves' magic, and are not racial benefits. and Dark Elves are just that - dark elves :D

Now I sound like a broken record!

Originally posted by Deedlit
Maybe I should extend bad relations to some other charisma checks too. However, Charisma is in regard to all races, and giving them a penalty because of how they treat humans and dwarves is a bad idea

Humans make up about 80% of the humanoid population of Lodoss, Dwarves about another 10 - 15 %, and Half-Elves, Elves, Grass Runners, and others making up the remaining 5 - 10 %.

When your race doesn't get along with and treats 90 - 95 % of the population with disrespect and condescendence, I believe that qualifies for a racial CHA penalty. Elves don't even get along well with other elves!

Deedlit

First Post
But that can be done with the circumstance penalties. Why should it hurt their attempts to befriend animals, make their music worse, and influence members of those other races.(Who I got the impression they usually get along well with.) That is why they have both the racial bonus and the bad relations thing.

njorgard

First Post
About meadow sprites and grass runners

What do any of you think these races (meadow sprites and/or grass runners) should translate to in d20/D&D terms?

Deedlit

First Post
Not in paticular, but they are charismatic to those who aren't human or dwarven, and they shouldn't suffer that sort of penalty. As for meadow sprites, I don't have a clue, as I only have Maar to base my knowledge off. Other then the obvious small size and racial bonus to dexterity.

Deedlit

First Post
Maybe they should be given favored class:Bard instead, as usually the first representative of a race is of that class(Deedlit for the lodoss variety of elf, Tasslehoff for kender, and Gnosh for tinker gnomes come to mind)

I did a conversion of Lodoss War a while back but I can't seem to find the paper where I wrote everyone's stats down.

For grass runners, I just used the elf, but small type and different bonuses (some for perform, for instance) as well as +2 more Dexterity and Charisma and -4 strength with favored class: bard (or something similar).

Karla seems to be a level 17 or level 18 sorceress, her 8th level spells being Flensing (FRCS) and Horrid Wilting, while the other evil wizard -forgot his name all of a sudden- had levels in wizard and archmage as well as the Chosen of Kardess (sp?) template.

I think Emporer Beld was either a fighter/blackguard or a paladin/blackguard as well. I didn't give Parn any paladin levels, just fighter levels since the DnD paladin class doesn't seem to fit him...

Oh well, just my 2 cents :)

Deedlit

First Post
I see Karla as being 21-25th level, but having evocation as a forbidden school personally. In my view, Parn's original group ends up the anime at epic level, as does ashram and maybe Pirotess. Cecil is around 13th I think, with Maar being about 10th level, along with Spark's group. I don't see a reason why meadow sprites should have more a charisma bonus, could someone enlighten me? Updated Lodoss elf post to reflect the meadow sprite issue, but unsure whether they deserve a +2 ECL(They don't have any damage reduction or spell resistance, cha bonus and bad relations pretty much cancel out, and bad flight, blink, and some automatic shaman spells probably don't deserve the +2. I found an ecl calculator a while back, but have lost the link since)

Last edited:

Remove ads