Lodoss War...

Deedlit

First Post
What about the Dwarves. Should they be altered from the PHB Dwarf in any way? Also, considering how powerful orson is in his berserk state, and how he attacks allies and enemies, shoudn't he be a frenzied berserker?
I'm unsure whether to give elves flight or levitation naturally, though I am almost convinced to switch flight with levitation.

Last edited:

Anime Kidd

Explorer
I dont see any reason to change the dwarves. Ghim seemed like a pretty normal D&D dwarf to me. Possible bonus to a carving wood skill. (whats that called anyways?)

As for Olson; you could just use an uncontrolled barbarian Rage ability. Needing a Will save to stay in control.
Or how about it as a template? I remember Pirotess saying something about Olson having a Hyrui (sp?) spirit.

Deedlit

First Post
Yes, Deedlit said that as well. We do need to create a Hyuri-possessed template. I would probably agree on the dwarves not needing to be changed.

Deedlit

First Post
What about the Hyuri-possessed template. I figure along the lines of +10 to strength, 4d8 temporary hit-points, when berserk, and attacking enemies first, then allies, continuously attacking until either killed or the rage's duration ends. How long should it last?

Geoff Watson

First Post
Why convert from Fuzion?

Lodoss War was originally a novelisation of the author's D&D campaign, using the old Basic/etc D&D.
Surely it would be easier to convert from that?

Geoff.

Deedlit

First Post
Yes, but it was never released in DnD format, but in a new, somewhat similar format made up by the creators of Lodoss.

Hrm, how about just model it after 'Cursed Sword of the Berserker' in the DMG (Maybe up to Str/Con boost a little) and possibly give the template a -2 or -4 charisma penalty for the spirit conflicting with the person's personality or whatever, also allow them to fight even at negative hitpoints, dying at -10. Bonus feat: Power Attack perhaps as well? Give them a chance for a will save (although high DC) to halt all actions/to stop attacking, in which other players can use an 'aid another' action to help them (Sheris trying to help Orson remember who she is).

Deedlit

First Post
What should the save DC be. Personally, I think it should be around 20. Yeah, berserkers should be able to fight until they reach -10 in a berserk state, maybe even until they reach -15 or -20(Ignoring death until the berserker leaves it, like Orson in episode 7 of the TV series). I think +2 to strength or con isn't enough though, and it should be +6 strength and +2 con(To represent the awesome power of a berserker.) I would also give the template a -4 charisma penalty that can be stopped by the berserk state being sufficently controlled(Maybe no raging for a month would do the trick). I would say a will save can be attempted, with a DC of 30 to expel hyuri, the spirit of anger, but natural 20s are not treated as successes automatically, and it can only be attempted once a year, and only after a recent big conflict of interest(Such as trying to kill someone in your berserk state that you care for greatly). The spirit of anger will return, if needed, but only death can expel it afterwards. The berserk state lasts 10 minutes(Not sure if this is good, or if it should be longer or shorter), and leaves the creature fatigued(-2 to dex and strength, can't run, probably something else I forgot about being fatigued as well). It will also end if all life other then the berserkers own that it can see is extinguished.

Last edited:

Remove ads