Lodoss War...

Anime Kidd

Explorer
I recently found a link to a Lodoss War conversion for 3E on another board. Here's the link. I think that, while good, it is a bit thin in content and some of the page's background colors make ita pain to view. Overall, it does give enough to start with a basic Lodoss campaign.

Deedlit

First Post
That site is a good attempt, but it lacks location data, NPC stats, and has some serious mistakes, such as Falis being LG(The ultimate god of good being LG is a popular stereotype, but there is nothing to back it up), permanancy as a ninth level domain spell(WTF), Wizards and Sorcerers both existing, the shaman class being too similar to the druid(Just use the OA one.), no evil shamans(What do you call 90% of the drow seen in the series?), and ability score requirements for prestige classes(Those went out with 2E). I really like the monsters page though, and it should be used for gaming in Lodoss.

Deedlit

First Post
On another note, I am having second thoughts about Marfa's alignment. The clerics we were shown were NG yes and her rival Kardis is also chaotic, but in Lodoss, order cannot create, only constrain what has already been created(Making the idea of LG clerics or Marfa laughable.), the creater of all deities was chaotic, and then I began thinking about Marfa's nature aspect, but I remembered that nature is chaotic anyway, at least on lodoss. I am really unsure whether she is CG, or NG with chaotic tendencies. Also, I am adding the prestige domain of creation from DotF to Marfa's domain list.

Moonshadow

First Post
I've been looking over this thread lately as I'm a fan of Lodoss, and have a friend who's thinking about running a game in the world. We like the idea about using the OA shaman as opposed to the druid, but I'd like any suggestions on what to use to replace the bonus martial arts feats the shaman gets. Thanks.

Deedlit

First Post
Well, maybe bonus metamagic feats would work instead. Also, I am wondering what to do about armor. The fact is, most spellcasters in Lodoss, shamans and clerics as well as sorcerers, do not wear armor, and those who do wear rather light armor. How should this be accounted for? I am thinking giving all spellcasters arcane spell failure, but what should they get in exchange? Also, I think Entangle and Briar Web(Briar Web from MotW) should be added to the shaman spell list, due to the fact that we have seen a spell in the episode where Ryna is introduced that works like Briar Web, and Entagle is basically a weaker Briar Web, so it doesn't make sense to have one without the other.

Last edited:

Anime Kidd

Explorer
The fact is, most spellcasters in Lodoss, shamans and clerics as well as sorcerers, do not wear armor, and those who do wear rather light armor. How should this be accounted for?

Isn't this already accounted for in the rules already? But you could rule that ALL spellcasters have some form of spell failure.

Deedlit

First Post
Where is it accounted for? I would like to give all of them arcane spell failure, but I'm not sure how to balance it, as I am adding a severe disadvantage, with no advantage in exchange.

Anime Kidd

Explorer
Arcane Spell Failure for Wizards and Sorcerers. Just make the rule apply to all spellcasters. As for balancing it, give them an extra feat?

To get everything clear (arguing Deedlit about everyone's level) here is where I think they stand at DnD level wise.

Wagnard, Human or Half-Elf Wizard 17 (unknown specailist, most likely necromancy) with a Chosen of Kardiss template=CR 21

Karla, the Grey Witch, Sor 18, Str -, Dex -, Con -, Int 26, Wis 18, Cha 31, her Circlet grants her a +6 enhancement bonus to Intelligence and Charisma, has a magic-variant Mind Switch (PsiHB) effect on it, and Karla can control it 10 rounds a day to fly. (Her base stats IMO were Int 17, Wis 15, Cha 18, +3 to all for aging, +4 to Cha for leveling and then +6 to int/cha for her circlet)=CR 18

Beld, Fallen Paladin 1/Ftr 4/Blackguard 10

Good King (can't seem to think of his name), Pal 15 (maybe Paladin/Aristocrat if he wasn't an active fighter)

Wort, human Diviner 15

King Kashue, Ftr 14-15

Ashrem, Ftr/Blackguard totalling level 15

Parn (near end), Ftr 14

Deedlit (near end), High elf Shaman 12=CR 14

Marr, Grassrunner (or wahtever they're called again) Bard 6

Scepter of Domination-As Rod of Epic Rulership, except it renews once a year, several other abilities perhaps.

Staff of Life-Once a year (or 10 years perhaps) the user can cast True Ressurection, one can break the staff in a ritual for an effect that can Ressurect a god.

-Will edit in some more later.

Last edited:

Remove ads